All Topics / General Property / Asset Realisation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of YoungInvestorYoungInvestor
    Participant
    @younginvestor

Hi all,

I was just wondering a few things about realisation sales.

Is there a way to search for them? ie: Search the internet for all the realisation auctions in a particular state? realestate.com.au and similar resources dont seem to have this sort of info as a possible search parameter.

Is it mandatory for the agent to make it public knowledge that a property is being sold for realisation. If so, how “public” does the knowledge have to be? Where does it have to be listed?

Thanks in advance!

YI.

“Knowledge is Power”

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
        Participant
        @xyzzy

Years ago when I was writing adds I noticed that auctions with words like “under instructions of the mortgagee” or “under instructions from the public trustee” attracted more attention because people felt that there was a genuine and pressing and compeling reason to sell and they would get a bargain.

So we played with this and the one one that worked well was “under instructions from the equitable owner” which implied that the legal owner, who name was on the title, was the poor bloke having the house being sold out from under him!

So there at the auction was a bloke dressed in a snazzy suit, sparkakinginiging shoes smick as all can that kept being asked for instructions with much show and aplomb even to the point of halting the auction during bidding for an envelope of “instructions” being handed to the auctioneer that most people felt meant that the reserve was reached.

That knowlegde was made “public” in a real way!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.