Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Howdy

How does the star thingy work? me wants more stars

Cheers[:D]

Anto

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

I think it works like this.

1 post – Newbie
    2 – 50 Member
    51 – 110 Bronze Member
    111 – 500 Silver Memember
    501 – 1000 Gold Memmber
    1000+ – Platinum Member

Not sure if there are any more starts after that.

though Administrators/Moderators have different stars again.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Hi S.I.S

Are you reeeally still in school?. You are on here alot.

Anto

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

S.I.S is 54 years old with 5 children living off an indexed pension and +CF income.

@rubbachook

…and has averaged over 8 posts per day!

@still-in-school

quote:

S.I.S is 54 years old with 5 children living off an indexed pension and +CF income.

wat…lol

nah but with the jokes aside, i am still in school, actually university, and im 21.

now were did that come from…. me being 54 with 5 kids and on a pension…lol,lol

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

@rubbachook

I’ve seen you on your verandah rocking on a chair smoking your pipe.

@still-in-school

lol, dam that explains why i look so old… but the kids… im not sure whos they are…

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

@rubbachook

I have the same problem with the kids. My third is literally due any day now (wife is 39 weeks). With the other two, I know I’m the father, but I’m still wondering whether she is actually the mother… [:D]

@still-in-school

lol,lol,… dam, i got to do the runs to day… i gotta vist, each kid.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

Profile photo of MrIronmanMrIronman
    @mrironman

Hi S.I.S and co

I’m 22 myself. Just starting- do you have any advice for a beginner on investment structure and capital raising?

Anto

@still-in-school

Hi MrIronMan,

Really just read heaps, i guess for me personally, i dont have any money what so ever seating in the bank, every time i get payed i invest it into shares, and then from my shares re invest that money into property, though i cant say the Share word here on this forum.

For me personally, i cant help myself, but i love investing and making money, i mean work is great and all, but you can only work so many hours, like for money it can work all day and night long and make more money, theres not much to say but that.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Still In School

was reading “an interesting finding from macquarie bank is that more and more under 30’s are using Margin Lending to build investment portfolios before moving into areas like property”

Leveraging and getting into both markets !! [;)]

On a side note

How does

saving just $3 a day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll wind up with over a million dollar$– work ??

Just quickly $3 x 365 days in the year = $1’095

$1’095 x 40 working years = $43 800

Granted this is at a flate rate, but ‘what’ rate would you have to be achieving to compound the interest and investment Dollars to get $1000 000.00

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

@rubbachook

If you invest three dollars a day for 40 years, wouldn’t you have to be getting around 11.7% interest to hit $1,000,000?

$1,160 after year one
    $20,800 after year ten
    $87,900 after year twenty
    $304,000 after year thirty
    $1,000,000 after year forty

@still-in-school

Hi Redwing,

to be honest, i wouldnt know the answer exactly, Rubbachook, just informed of this post earlier, but, i just took the quotation, from one of Paul Clitheroe books and noted it up here, so im guessing going either with Rubbachook or that the working life is could be longer than 40yrs.

But i have definitly heard many other sayings which are similar, that investing $20 a week till your are 65, you will have more than $1million in Cash Investments, so im guessing both quotations are similar but, i have no idea what rate or return you will need to suceed.

sorry that i couldnt be much help

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.