All Topics / Opinionated! / where are the missing moderators?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I haven’t seen AD post in a million years. Not since the ‘olden days’ really. Ditto the B. Ditto pinky. (did she get burnt out from writing 1000 posts in about a month, or something -)

Sooshie, Richmond, Enjolady are doing all the work and i notice xxyyz posting too.

so where are the others?

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

I’ve been wondering the same thing.

It’s certainly been a “long time no see” for AD and the B.

Rod.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I had a chat on the phone with AD a fortnight or so ago… he’s pretty busy at the minute building his empire, plus looking after the “billy lids”

cheers
    r

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi guys

yep if moderating is stopping you from doing the deals better it give it a rest for a while.[:)]

go AD

regards westan

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

What’s on the Job Description of a Moderator, anyway?

Participant
    @richmond

Bugger all rubbachook, there’s certainly no expertise of any kind required. We’re basically helping Steve out to make sure there’s someone casting an eye over the posts regularly, since no one can keep up with things 24/7.

Cheers
    r

@rubbachook

Richmond, So if I say fuck will you delete it?

@rubbachook

Bugger. It deletes automatically – so you don’t even have to edit that!

[}:)] What if I say shit or arse or dumb bastard?

@rubbachook

Two out of three ain’t bad. [:D]

Participant
    @richmond

plenty of dumb bastards around here, myself included… or should that be silly bastard? not sure [:D]

cheers
    r

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Personally, I think the moderators do a great job overall. I also believe the reason there is more then one for each section is because we all have a life and at times certain people wont have the time to access the forum for whatever reason wether it be away on holidays, away searching for properties, or even illness. Its great to know that no matter what happens we can always come to the forum and get most of the answers we need. Keep up the good work!

Wonders if any one knows just how much it cost to keep this forum running? I know and it shocked me when I found out. I know this forum and Steve’s book can take some of the credit for what I have achieved thus far. Its certainly helped to get me doing what i had been contemplating for such a long time.

Thanks to all those working behind the scenes also.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

bear, i’d love to know – can you spill???
    BTW are you melbear?

cheers-
    Mini

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Mini

No, im not melbear……..LOL, at least the last time I checked I wasn’t [:D]

What would u like me to spill, that I haven’t already on he forum? I assume you mean about my experiences and achievements?

My achievements are small at this stage compared to most however very significant to myself.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

bear,
    I meant….
    “Wonders if any one knows just how much it cost to keep this forum running? I know and it shocked me when I found out.”

that bit!!!
    cheers-
    Mini!!
    spill…?

PS you are as fabulous as you are. it’s not a competition! meaning, I call myself minimogul because I ‘only’ have three houses so far. yet it’s infinity percent more than I had this time last year, and STEVE MCKNIGHT can take credit for being an excellent teacher and mentor for that.
    Not trying to suck up or anything just to actually remind myself who was the most significant person that affected my property investing journey the most. Sure, we love Dolf and Robert kiyosaki and the gang and they got me to where I was looking for ‘more’ and found Steve’s seminar – but he really does teach well and without that Americanised hypey sound-bite style, he’s clear, logical, and real and i ‘got it’.
    I mean,
    I’d read the books and listened to countless seminar sets on tape and CD (and doing my tax return recently, I was shocked at how much I spent on education) – but it wasn’t until Steve’s seminar that i truly learned how to do the numbers, and was challenged to stop being fearful and take action and do something. So now I’m here….*whistles a happy tune*

mini

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Bearsy, you said:

“Wonders if any one knows just how much it cost to keep this forum running? I know and it shocked me when I found out.”

Bear, I’m not sure what costs to run this forum… but the snitz site says the following:

“How much does Snitz Forums 2000 cost?
    Nothing. It’s Freeware. You can download a copy from this website at no charge. All that is required is to retain the “Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000″ statement at the bottom of each page (this can be either text or a graphic). Also, make sure you leave the copyright notices intact in the source code and retain the GPL.txt file.”
    http://forum.snitz.com/faq.asp

As such, why is so expensive to run a forum like this??

kay henry

Participant
    @bear1964

Greetings All

Hi Mini, Steve told us at his seminar in Melbourne the costs of maintaining this forum and to say the least I was very shocked. To be honest I don’t feel comfortable sharing this information on the forum as I feel it’s not for me to do so. However I guess Steve did make it public knowledge at the seminar and believe he would be happy to share this information if asked. I hope im not out of line with this statement[8)], if so I apologise.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Bear,

Thanks for your response. I am sure what you’vre said isn’t out of line, as you haven’t said anything controversial. Given that the Snitz forum is shareware, I presume it costs zippo, zilch, nada to run this forum. But I must be mistaken.

kay henry

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Kay Henry,

Are you taking into consideration the time it takes to modify the site and constantly update it. I know my time is pretty expensive.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

C2

Plus the hardware and upgrade of such to handle the traffic that this sight generates and admin staff and graphic design … yadda yadda!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

What actually kills us is the cost of bandwidth!

Plus the cost of moulding the freeware Snitz into the product you see before you, hooked up to a quite elaborate database.

Plus the cost of development.

All up, we’re running at a cost of about $600 per week at the moment, which is (hopefully) recouped through product sales.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.