All Topics / General Property / reno advice sought

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi,

We’re selling our holiday house early in the New Year down on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula… have a squizz… any suggestions for some cheap renos we could do to give it a facelift going on the pics?? Pls go to the address below and haev a look… there’s a virtual tour too.

Cheers
    r

http://www.mornington-peninsula-accommodation.com.au/rm/listings/l4475579.html

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

It looks neat and tidy to me. I’d throw some nice rugs on the floors, a couple of well selected wall hangings (local beach photos blown up) and whack some better furniture into it and sell inclusive. With the right furniture in situ, it makes a good impact at OFI- less hassles for buyers. And they can start renting it out straight away.

You could stick a bookcase in it too, and fill it full of all your old books you never look at anymore, and maybe a board game or two – monopoly anyone? :)

Bruce
    Mooloolaba, Qld

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Hi Richmond,

It looks just fine but lacking a bit of ‘warmth’. I agree with the rugs, especially under that coffee table – a nice flokati (white) will soften all that timber look. one or two squashy cushions, maybe a throw draped over the edge of a sofa and a few books as thefirstbruce said. If it is a holdiay home you want to give it a ‘relaxed’ look so that a prospective buyer would want to kick off their shoes and not think about work. It can be done quite cheaply, it just needs the egdes softned.

cheers, sunshine

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Thanks for that guys, a trip to Ikea might be in order methinks…

Cheers
    r

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.