All Topics / General Property / Search for properties during Christmas & New Year

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of oO Dreamer OooO Dreamer Oo
    @oo-dreamer-oo

I would love to add one or two properties to my portfolio in the next few weeks.
    Does the market generally heat up in the early december and cool off prior to christmas? Most of us get a break during Christmas and New Year and probably the only time we have to drive around and have a look at properties. Would the agents be keen enough to work during that time?
    Appreciate your reply.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Liviwell, your luck may be in.

December notoriously is a slow month for most agents.

A lot less people looking because they are busy with going on holidays etc.

So that combined with some buyers having temporarily stopped being serious about buying may make it worth your while to go your hardest.

Less competition because of the above two factors, combine this with an anxious (if not desperate) vendor and the scene is set for a bargain waiting to be scooped up by you.

Cheers,

Pisces133

Profile photo of ScullyScully
    @scully

Hi there,

I have bought most of my properties in Nov/Dec period. I have definately found that the Xmas period tends to be a great time to buy. There are many people out there wanting to exchange contracts before Xmas, and therefore some quite good deals to be had.

I’ve found the week before Xmas is really good, as some vendors are getting a bit antsy, and a lot of people have given up house hunting until the new year.

Best of luck
    Karen
    [:)]

Profile photo of brownrabbitbrownrabbit
    Participant
    @brownrabbit

Hi livi and others,
    I was driving around my home town of Geelong today and i couldn’t help notice the huge amount of properties on the market. This last week in particular has seen a lot more signs gone up. It’s amazing how quickly (and badly) renovated some of these properties are. There will surely be good buys to be had with vendors wanting to avoid another rate rise, but also some lemons out there for those who don’t know what to look for .The agents here are all still working 7 days knowing that the market may cool down. It may take alot of leg work to get through all the properties but i think if you are informed and ready to sign you may find yourself a good buy .
    But it definitely feels like there is a sense of panic in the air , i guess some people consider selling the only option .
    I was also considering selling one of my IP’s but after reading all of your posts over the last few weeks i have realised there are plenty of creative options to consider in the event that rates go much higher. So i have decided to keep all of my IP’s, get them re-valued and concentrate on finding the best tenants. I think this site is an excellent resource, none of my friends or family are doing the property thing , they are all either old school or think it is too risky so it is good to chat to like minded people . Thank-you all
    Rabbit

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

HI Brownrabbit,
    You are spot on, I have seen a lot of new listings in and around the Geelong region,
    I have a client in Geelong who put her property on the market only last week,she has an open house today so I will be interestd to find out what the level of interest was.
    Regards
    Steven

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph: 0402483216

Profile photo of oO Dreamer OooO Dreamer Oo
    @oo-dreamer-oo

That is in fact how I feel right now. It’s the buyer’s market. Although have to be extra cautious in selecting properties cos we be looking at slow rise if not, lower property prices in the next few year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.