All Topics / General Property / Kitchen Reno with a Allen key!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of SpawnedSpawned
    @spawned

Hi property enthusiasts,
    I’m looking for a cost effective way of upgrading a kitchen. I recently went into IKEA and was impressed with the quality and price of their ‘flat packed’ kitchens. However having had the odd IKEA DIY nightmare before I am hesitant to take the plunge. Especially as there is no such thing as ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to kitchens. Has anyone had any experience in installing a IKEA kitchen?

Would I be better off just replacing bench tops and cupboard doors/knobs?

If the DIY thing is too hard could someone recommend a good kitchen makeover company?

Cheers,
    Shaun.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

just do your measurements! at your IP and also at IKEA. I’m sure IKEA would have a good style for dollar ratio, I mean i practically live there, and maybe it’s the kind of thing you can get a builder/handyman for a couple of hours, to do the whizzbang schmicko assisting to stick the new one in and get rid of the old one so it looks professionally done.
    depends on your level of skill i guess.
    Having seen handymen/builders whizz around and get so much done that would take an amateur ten times longer and then there’s all the tools and getting a guaranteed good job – i know what i’d pick.
    cheers-
    mini

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.