All Topics / General Property / Whoa – Channel 9’s A Current Affair story

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I guess a lot of you saw the story tonight which was written entirely from the wrapee’s perspective. From a person that only knows about wraps from Steve’s book I found it appalling journalism (what did I expect!!!)

The 21% markup was not explained in full and left out Stamp Duty, Legals, Mortgage insurance, Stamp Duty on Mortage and TIME.

Do they think that wrappers do it for free – not likely.

Why is there such negativity about wrappers – I see it as a way the ‘battlers’ can own a home. It is not like they have NO CHOICE in doing the deal. They are the ones who can just as easily say NO.

I know this forum is not really supposed to be about wraps but I thought it was pertinent anyway.

Profile photo of blowieblowie
    Participant
    @blowie

Yes, but we all know the way ACA does things.

However, I find it most interesting that Today Tonight did a pro-vendor finance peice on 16 September, 2002. It showed the flip side of what A current affair show tonight.

People are interested in facts, not a good story (or is that the other way around….)

blowie

Money is an elastic resource, it can be created. Time is not.

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

One has to ask what other sorts of credit cards and funding these people have or have used in the past and what interest rates they attracted.

20% looks a bargin compared to some of the other deals around!

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi

ACA has done stories (or at least, a story) on Steve and his wraps, describing him as a saviour for battlers looking to own their own home, so there you go, it’s not all one way traffic.

Cheers
    r

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.