All Topics / General Property / Contract of Sale

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of swaneyswaney
    @swaney

Is it possible to get out of a contract of sale and is there a cooling off period. Silly me signed on with an investment agency before coming to this site, and now i heard all the negativity to this sort of deal i would like to get out of it…any advise would be appreciated

cheers..

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

Read the contract you have signed. Is there any mention of a cooling off period.

Get yourself to a lawyer fast!

Profile photo of rod007rod007
    @rod007

quote:

Is it possible to get out of a contract of sale and is there a cooling off period. Silly me signed on with an investment agency before coming to this site, and now i heard all the negativity to this sort of deal i would like to get out of it…any advise would be appreciated

cheers..

Profile photo of rod007rod007
    @rod007

quote:

cheers..

Usually you have to pay 0.025 of the purchase price to get out of during 5 day cooling off period. Other wise wait till contract period starts and at least 2 of your conditions should of been Pest report and finance acceptable by you this would be your way out pest or finance.

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

If there’s nothing obvious like ‘subject to finance’ which they can never prove/disprove and is an automatic out for you, then I back xyzzy’s suggestion and get a copy of the contract to a lawyer asap.

If you’ve gone unconditional on the contract and cannot get out, but then don’t proceed with the purchase, you stand to lose all of the deposit you have put down. You will need to weigh up whether crashing out and losing those funds is still the best long term option – and the answer on a large neg-geared investment may well be yes.

Good luck!

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of ian_from_brisbaneian_from_brisbane
    @ian_from_brisbane

…or if it’s anything but a brand-new place you can say you are not satisfied with the building report.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

quote:

…or if it’s anything but a brand-new place you can say you are not satisfied with the building report.

This will o0nly work if the contract allows it. ie subject to building inspection.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You can always ask the vendor to let you out of the contract. Some will, most won’t – esp developers. But you never know until you ask.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.