All Topics / General Property / subdivision fee?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

If i wana subdivide a land, is there a fee payable? Usually about how much?
    Also, please tell me what must be done to subdivide a land? the steps

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

To subdivide a block of land there are many steps:

1) Is the zoning & size of the land suitable to do so. A search of the Town Plan will tell you.
    2) The property will need to be surveyed and the plan of subdivision submitted to the Local Authority for consideration. Needless to say “yes” they is an application fee.
    3) If approved the Development Approval will contain certain conditions which may include amongst others:

Provision of all services to the new property i.e sewerage, stormwater, electrical and telecommunications

Provision of a driveway and possibly a new road depending on the side of the original block and the number of Lots. This maybe bonded in certain circumstances.

Payment of Headworks and Parkland contributions which will vary from Council to Council.

4) Granting of easements if necesary.

5) Consent from your mortgagee if the land is financed.

6) Lodge the plan of subdivision into the Dept of Natural Resources to seal the new title.

All in all (and this is a general overview) a lenghthy process. We are currently subdividing 2 houses in an inner Brisbane suburb into 18 blocks and anticipate it will take 8 months and another 4 months to install the road and services.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of fulloutfullout
    @fullout

thanks, how much is it just to subdivide it? approximately. In the hundred or thousand range?

i saw a piece of land suitable to be subdivided into about 3 – 4 titles , suitable for townhouse size.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.