All Topics / General Property / Murray Bridge,Elizabeth,Whyalla SAHTAuction Prices

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of rogerramjetrogerramjet
    @rogerramjet

Hi all,

Anyone out there going to the Murray Bridge SAHT Catalogue Auction on Thursday? Unfortunately, I can’t get time off work to travel down to it. If anyone goes, it would be great if they could post the sale prices.

http://www2.elders.com.au/elders/branch/br798/files/Murray_Bridge_Auction_Brochure_041203.pdf

I’ve been to two other catalogue auction last week (Elizabeth area and Riverland), and will be heading to another one tomorrow night (Whyalla). If anyone is interested in the outcomes, I’d be happy to post them.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi mike what price did the ones in Elizabeth go for, was there much interest and what area where they in?
    thanks westan

Profile photo of rogerramjetrogerramjet
    @rogerramjet

Hi Westan,

Here’s the details of the Elizabeth Auction:

Lot 1 – 11 Hamptworth St, Elizabeth Vale
    “Thee bedroom maisonette requiring floor coverings and minor painting to bring this to a good standard, would rent well. Minimum bid $80,000” I thought it was pretty rough, floors were really dodgy. Could see daylight between the floors and skirting board! Sold for $100K

Lot 2 – 99 Sampson St, Elizabeth Grove
    “Well presented three bedroom maisonette with excellent painting, polished floors, good stove. One of the best we have offered. Minimum bid $90,000” I though it was nice, well presented. Best maisonette on the list. This onewas passed in at the previous auction. Sold for $96K

Lot 3 – 20 Butler St, Elizabeth Park
    “3 bedroom home on a corner site. Oposite a reserve, detached garage, good private rear yard, large rooms with polished floor board. A real suprise. Minimum bid $80,000”. This was the pick of the bunch. Great looking place, not a maisonette. I was looking at this one as a PPOR as I’ve just started working in that part of town but the price jumped above my pre-approval limit. Strong bidding, Sold for $117K

Lot 4 – Cnr Woodford Road & White Parish Rd, Elizabeth North
    “Irregular shaped vacant lot, corner site of 360sqm. Minimum bit $16,000” Sold for $41K

Lot 5 – 49 Longbridge Road, Davoren Park
    “3 bedroom home requiring work with painging and soft furnishings. Well presented homes opposite and adjacent. Outstanding opportunity for owner occupier or investor.Minimum bid $76,000” . This one was bloody rough – structurally challenged. Big cracks in walls, lots of dead flies, mouldy walls, smelt aweful. Don’t know how someone could have lived in it. However, it’s a nice area, close to train line. Sold for $109K

Lot 6 – 97 Whitingto Rd, Davoren Park
    “Three bedroom maisonette requiring paint and floor coverings, would respond well to a little effor. Minimum bid $60,000”. Average quality in a dodgy area. Sold for $77500

Lot 7 – 18 Bell St, Smithfield Plains
    “3 bedroom home on a corner site with carport and secure backyear. Requires work but would respond well. Builtins in all bedrooms. Minimum bid $75,000” Pretty rough, ceilings peeling badly, saggy floors. Sold for $97K

Lot 8 – 3 Rice Avenue, Gawler South
    “3 bedroom solid brck home with build in lobby, iron garage, good block of land. Perfect location for the first home buyer or investor with tenants waiting” Didn’t inspect this one, sold for $131K

Overall, bidding was fairly strong. More interest than the previous auction. Minimum bids and reserves had been reduced in order of offload all stock before Christmas. Lower advertised prices and better quality stock (less maisonettes) seems to drive interest.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

thanks very much mike[8D] great report.
    regards westan

Profile photo of Bionical64Bionical64
    Participant
    @bionical64

Mike, I would be interested in the outcome of the other auctions you attend. When you say maisonette, does this mean a house on it’s own or is it a half of 2 houses in one (typical SAHT home).
    Regards, Tim.

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

Mike,
    We would appreciate some info about the Whyalla properties. I have applied for a job there. Are you looking for tennants? What are average rentals there?
    Fibejebe.

@rogerramjet

Hi folks,

Yep, by maisonette, i meen the typical housing trust semi-detached houses.

I’m not going to type out the details of the properties, but you can download the Whyalla auction brochure from http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fcc997b_45ee/bc/My+Documents/Whyalla+auction+20031202.pdf?bf92Jz_AM8YKGW97 (I think I’ve shared it properly, otherwise search for ‘Whyalla’,’SA’ at http://www.eldersre.com.au – hopefully it’s still listed ) . Or I can email the PDF.

Sale prices were:
    Lot 1 – $40000
    Lot 2 – $54000
    Lot 3 – $37000
    Lot 4 – $40000
    Lot 5 – $40000
    Lot 6 – $33000
    Lot 7 – $45000
    Lot 8 – $56000
    Lot 9 – $43000
    Lot 10 – $38500
    Lot 11 – $37500
    Lot 12 – $45500
    Lot 13 – $39000

Good luck with the job there. What sort of work is that? Seems pretty rare that people move to the town, usually the opposite. It’s a nice town, pretty relaxed, plenty of amenities, sporting clubs, etc. I’d move back there but it’s hard to get work in the IT industry.

For rentals, have a look at http://www.century21.com.au/whyalla
    and http://www.sa.professionals.com.au (search for Whyalla, Whyalla Playford, Whyalla Norrie or Whyalla Stuart). Expect to pay between $100 and $120 p/w for a 3 bedroom maisonette, $60 to $100 for a flat. General rule, avoid Whyalla Stuart, it’s a bit dodgy. Overall, tt’s a renters market with all of these SAHT houses being sold to investors, so you shouldn’t have any trouble bargaining the price down or requesting improvements.

At these sort of prices, you’re better off buying than renting though.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

Hey Mike,

Where were you sitting at the auction last night?

I was near the front row on the far RHS.

Are you the guy with the moustache (bidding #A8), or his friend, who were sitting nearly behind me? If so, remember I said hello, & I’ve seen you at the other auctions.

I just saw the MB catalogue & the auction time is 3pm on Thursday. As a Sterling Homes sales consultant I don’t have any display home committments that day. And I should make it home in time to babysit the kids while my wife does the shopping that night.

So I’d be happy to post the sale prices if I go.

I’m not sure if Elders will disclose the sales prices after the auction before settlement. Funny system hey? You can attend an auction & see what a property sells for. But the agent can’t tell you afterwards. [:(!]

BTW what prices did the Riverland ones go for?

Cheers,

David Paxton
    “You Only Live Twice”

@rogerramjet

Hi David,

Was that you asking about the MB auction just after everything wound up? I was sitting near the back on the very right, two rows behind Bill, the buyer with the mo.

I’ll post the riverland prices later – left them at work. From memory, they ranged from $70 to $100k

Cheers,
    Mike.

Profile photo of Agent007Agent007
    Participant
    @agent007

Yes that was me Mike.

I don’t think I saw you there on that side. You must have been near the blonde lady who bought one.

Goodnight [^]

David Paxton
    “You Only Live Twice”

@rogerramjet

Hi David,

I was sitting straight behind that blonde lady that you mentioned.

Found the riverland prices. I didn’t go to inspect any so I’ll just give the details from the brochure. Reserve details are estimated based on comments by the auctioneer:

33 Dridan Ave, Renmark
    3 bed timber frame home with tile roof, good location, hardwood floors, fresh paint. Rerserve ~$84K, Sold at $101K

10 Hardwick St, Barmera
    3 bed, timber frame, tile roof, fresh paint, fully fenced rear yard. Rerserve ~$75K, Sold at $81K

13 Showell Ave, Renmark
    3 bed timber frame, tile roof, florr coverings, secure rear yard, established trees. Rerserve ~$75K, Sold at $82K

6 Tiller St, Wakerie
    3 bed, quiet location, tile roof, exterior freshly painted. Sold at $84K (bidding reopened after being passed in at $80K)

13 Coral St, Loxton
    3 bed duplex, electric stove, gas hws, good fencing. Sold at $72k

23 Treneman Cres, Berri
    Ideal township position. 3 Bed brick home, modernised wet areas, fenced rear yard. Sold at $79K

20 Hardwick St, Barmera
    Timber frame home, tile roof, 3 bed, fresh paint, fenced rear yard. Reserve ~75K, sold at $77K

29 McCutcheon St, Wakerie
    3 bed duxplex, good location, jarrah floors. Sold at $70K

15 Banksia St, Renmark
    3 bed timber framed duplex, floor coverings, carport, double garage, a/c, fenced yard. Sold at $76K

Cheers,
    Mike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.