All Topics / General Property / $100/week $43,000

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of mcollinsmcollins
    Participant
    @mcollins
    Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I wouldnt pay more then 30,000 for a house in queenstown with 2 bedrooms. I also believe it to be more realistic that the rent would be about $80 per week.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

lol, as soon as i read your post Bear, i didnt even bother opening the link, sorry but i do agree with Bear, even at $30,000 still that is too expensive, i remember earlier searchin in the year in Queenstown, they had some properties selling at under $20,000

that area is no good to invest, i think the population is some what under 300 people.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

Participant
    @bear1964

HI SIS

Well if the price is right why not invest there? I do beleive their is a shortage of rental properties in the area and tourism is growing there also. But 2 bedroom house for $45k in Queenstown is way too much

Regards Bear

Profile photo of mcollinsmcollins
    Participant
    @mcollins

Why doesn’t someone put one of their hopuses they have just settled on on the forum so we can see where and what kind of thing you are buying ?

Participant
    @bear1964

Mccollins.

I believe more is achieved if one teaches a hungry person to fish, rather then give them a fish. that way they have food for ever , not just one feed!

Warmest regards Bear

Profile photo of ian_from_brisbaneian_from_brisbane
    @ian_from_brisbane

This had me for a while… I thought you were all insane… until I realised you’re all talking about Australia’s Queenstown [:)] That’s the first I heard we even had a Queenstown!

Profile photo of realestaterealestate
    @realestate

where’s queenstown? i thought its in new zealand.

@ian_from_brisbane

That’s what I thought.

There’s actually one in Tasmania. You’ll see from that link posted, that the RE agent is from there too which makes perfect sense [:)]

Participant
    @bear1964

quote:

That’s what I thought.

There’s actually one in Tasmania. You’ll see from that link posted, that the RE agent is from there too which makes perfect sense [:)]

There are no Real Estate agents in Queenstown, there are also no property managers at the present moment working the Queenstown area so if you are going to invest there do your homework. The agent in that link is in Launceston.

Regards Bear

@ian_from_brisbane

To clarify, I meant that the RE agent is also in Tasmania.

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

I thought everyone had gone mad to , till finding out its not the Queenstown in NZ. Now that would be a good deal. I work with a freind that brought a property in Queenstown nz about 5 years ago for 350000 and just sold it for 990000, now thats pretty good cap gains [8D]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

quote:

Mccollins.

I believe more is achieved if one teaches a hungry person to fish, rather then give them a fish. that way they have food for ever , not just one feed!

Or Light a man a fire and he is warm for a day – set him on fire and he is warm for life!

Happy New Year Folks.

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.