All Topics / General Property / Newbie making first post

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

First of all id just like to say hi to everybody that uses this forum so hi :P and also well done to Steve on a great book that i found more exciting to read than a good novel by Stephen King[:D]Now on a more serious note ive been reading a lot of books the last 6 months or so trying to educate myself in investing in real estate. I live in Perth and have had trouble trying to find a 11 sec investment or just a positive geared ip for that matter, with the lastest price boom ive had to look regional and also are looking in NZ where there seems to be heaps of pos ip available.My current hotspot im looking at is Geraldton but a lot of east state investers have had the same idea and buying everything not nailed down under 130000, so rent demand will be dropping :(as they will be looking for tenants for all there ip. Well thats pretty much my story so good investing and hope to chat more with peeps on these forums[:D]

Profile photo of RiskyRisky
    @risky

OMG not one welcome reply thats very sad for a forum that seemed pretty freindly[xx(]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Risky

Welcome to the forum.[:D]
    Sorry it took so long, but I don’t read all the posts.

It was great talking to you in PT’s chatroom the other night.

I hope that you have a happy and prosperous new year.

Regards

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

Hi Risky,
    welcome to the forum! Either I missed your first post, or I didn’t answer because you didn’t ask a question?!
    My tip for newbies is to look back through previous posts and get a feel for the forum. Most newbie’s general Q’s have already been addressed. Also, read all the links on the home page – it may save you time!
    Terry

Terence McMahon
    HomeWin
    Finance

@risky

Thanks Muppet and saskatoon , Happy new year to you guys as well, thats a great website yu have there Muppet. Hope youse had a great xmas [8D][:D]

Profile photo of BOC911BOC911
    Participant
    @boc911

hi and welcome,

also new to this forum. Hope you find it useful and informative, as i already have. Good luck on finding the property you are looking for. I’M currently on the hunt for my first positive cash flow property, and also love reading both investing and self development books.

Rgeards

@risky

Hi Boc911 and good luck with your investing[;)]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Risky and welcome to the forum!

I ween myself threw the threads and welcomed you as soon as i read yours[:D]

Muppet what is PT chatroom?

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi “Risky”,

Lost of people were probably too full of eggnog to reply… [:D] We’re a friendly bunch, really!

Welcome mate and thanks for the positive comments about the book.

I wouldn’t go to the fishing spot where everyone else goes… a lesson learned from investing in the La Trobe Valley here in Vic.

What about commercial property? Think about that as your niche as 10%+ returns are more common.

Look in your own backyard as the best deals are often found there. For example, I’m astonished by the number of Kiwis that come over here looking for good property deals because there are none to be found in NZ, and vice-versa.

Skinny branches time… It’s time to look beyond the 11 sec solution (it is only a guideline!) to focus on making money by solving problems.

Good luck.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Bear

Join PT as a member. Quite a few people are members of both forums.

http://www.propertytalk.co.nz

PT has a chatroom where members can have a chat.lol

Easy to use. A time can be arranged between members by sending a Private Message.

I personally have chatted with about 16 members and some from PI.

Regards

@risky

Thanks guys for the welcomes [:D]
    No probs Steve its always good to read a good knowlegible and motivating book.(think thats how its spelt [^] ) Also that sure makes sense to me what you posted and i will be following up those ideas , thx for the insights [8D] This sure is a friendly forum heh [:D]
    Happy New Years All [:0)]

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.