All Topics / Heads Up! / $uccess $tories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

looking at R.Kiyosaki’s Success stories and thinking of purchasing it. i’m re-reading “Rich Dad Poor Dad” at the moment which is going a bit yellow due to age and reminding myself of some of the facts in the book !

On that note does anyone here have any Success stories of late to add to the forum ??

Times are getting tougher, but i’m sure some of the newbies and me would like to hear of any good deals of late- for motivation, currently reducing loan on PPOR but still looking.

Steve, feel free to add any also !!

You can omitt the state or suburb just post the basics !!

REDWING

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Went halves in a rambling old dump with my old man many years ago, finally got frustrated at only owning half and bought him out at market value two years ago (110k, half of the 220k valuation) – two years later it’s worth at least 400k. That’s Sydney for you though, nothing clever about doubling your money here in the last three years or so… Any idiot that bought any property would have made a killing… [;)]

To balance things out an ex girlfriend of mine wanted to buy a place at Greystanes (near Parramatta) in 1999 – i found a nice 3 bedder on a 950 sq.m block for her at 245k. She had 100k deposit to tip in, but adopted the “what if no-one will rent it ??” mentality…
    The same house just sold again last month for 575k and is being pulled down and a duplex is to be built… and yep, we still keep in touch occasionally and she still has her 100k in the bank… [B)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Either “no-one” is doing well or this post is in the wrong area ??

DUNNO ??[xx(]

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.