All Topics / Forum Frolic / Dating Service

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

Propertyuurg LOST out in a big way because aRty was the first to 1000 by about 5 minutes.

I was first one to cross 1000 [8D]

quote:

Where is aRty now and also Pinkeeeeeeeee, well they are apparently moving house, but because they have been off the air so long I think they are actually building a house.

building a house or full building? [:)]

muppet you are also not much here! what’s happening?

[:)]
    PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of CheekyOldBatCheekyOldBat
    Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

Well that generated a bit of activity .. [:D]

I like the word psychopathic [:P]

“plays well with others, but sometimes runs with scissors”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Now Paul, I’m wondering what you are suggesting here!!![:O]

ShaunWalker is from Queanbeyan, so he would be a good one to ask on the talent out there.

Personally I wouldn’t do my shopping there…..[:X]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Damn, i forgot to remove the link to my photo before you arrived Mel… [:I]

Now that you’ve seen my photo is the wedding still on ?? [:0)]

Not suggesting anything btw, i wouldn’t dare do that !! [:P]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Well Ladies, there will be a group of people from this forum meeting up, in a weeks time, would any of you be interested in coming along?

[:P][:P][:P]

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

@melbear

Sure it is Paul. I can understand you being a bit cranky, after all you are a race car driver!!!

The more you post, the more I see that you have lots of money that I could spend, so that’s got to be a good thing (for me anyway!).

Cheers
    Mel

@fatboy

Nah, i’m not as firey as those guys on TV Mel, our racing is only shown on “Speedweek” on SBS – we can’t afford to hit each other “too” often… [:)]

As for me having money, that was in the past – before i started racing… Since then it’s asset rich, cash poor !! [:D]

Still, i get the feeling you’d be able to do a hell of a lot more with my equity than i am currently doing – any tips or do i have to buy the “rock” first ?? [:P]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

@melbear

If you have no cash I don’t know what the rock would look like!!!

Don’t you earn some massive salary (anything over $60K to me is massive[:O]). You could always spend less than you earn!!!!![:)]

If you’re talking spending cash, then I wouldn’t refinance at all, but if you’re talking investing cash, then I would be looking at getting an LOC against your PPOR (if I remember rightly you have a lot of equity in it). This way, you’re only charged if you spend/invest the money, but it’s there for you if a deal comes up, and you don’t have to worry about applying to the bank. Especially if you are looking at NZ. A cash purchase, followed by finance should ensure no huge problems.

Cheers
    Mel

@fatboy

Wages aren’t massive yet – over 100k is massive, i’m working towards that amount though… [;)]

Actually going to see my accountant tomorrow, need to spend some cash after my DA was knocked back for those duplexes… Apparently the land will be rezoned in the next two to three years so i’ll just hold on to the existing place for a while…

Given another interest rate rise today i think that the market will really start to slow – we might see some real good buys in the next 18 mths… Will be getting that LOC happening straight away… [:)]

Oh, and there’s always some in reserve for a rock… [:P]
    Cheers,
    Paul…

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Who wants to mentor my 20 yr old daughter about property investing? She is nice & sweet like her mum [:D] (you can ask Mel) but know almost nothing about money or investing. I want to help her to buy her 1st IP when she finishes her university degree next year.

[:)]

Huey

@still-in-school

Hi Huey,

im young, nice and sweet too, and in uni as well, i would be interested in mentoring for your daughter.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis
    “People forget that by saving just $3 per day and investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million.”

Participant
    @huey

Thanks SIS. I’m not sure it’s better for her to have a mentor in the same age group or a much older one. I have to think of a way to introduce her to you. She may suspect that I’m after something and refuses to write to you. BTW her dad is very strict & over protective. [:)] Huey

@melbear

Hi Huey, long time no post!

Watch out for sis – you might need to chaperone him!!!![;)]

As for age group, I guess it depends on who your daughter gets along with best. SIS would be a really good example of somebody her own age achieving so much in a short space of time, as long as her starting place is also similar. Or if not, it depends how he approaches it I guess – I would probably be intimidated by somebody so successful so young if I had had no idea myself.

Cheers
    Mel

@still-in-school

Hi Melbear and Huey,

Im happy to provide help and mentor people if they want, there is a group of sydney investors, who some are new to property investing and many of them are twice my age and i come along to theses sessions in learning myself but also give advice, explainations and examples to help them futher their knowledge and directions in property investing.

If i can help someone into the right direction, i am happy too. Many of my friends who are my age, some of them, have now purchased there first investment property and others are saving hard to get a quick cash deposit. But in the mean time i try to help them and give them honest opinions, which can open there mind and give them more opportuniites and choices.

cheers
    s.i.s

Ask your daughter if she would be interested in learning, if she is, im happy to mentor.

Save on a regular basis

Participant
    @huey

Hi Mel,

Do you remember I had to leave the group meeting early that Sat to pick up a friend at the airport?I was busy with her staying at our place for over a week. I only meet her once in Melbourne a while ago through another friend. It’s her 1st time in Canberra. She recently becomes a single so I invited her to stay with us. A week in a happy family environment did her some good. Does anyone wants me to introduce to her? She is 40, PHD, good job, no house. I think she needs someone to guide her into property investing.

Hi SIS, if you let me know when the next meeting in Sydney is I will ask my daughter to come along. She can make it if it’s around lunch time on Sat or Sun.

Regards

Huey

@still-in-school

Hi Huey,

the next meeting is on next thursday at 7pm at Five Dock, it be perfect for her if she wants to come, im going to paste a link here so you can see, if you think she would be interested.

We have tried to have a weekend session, but with no luck many people want to have their weekends for themselves, but check out the link and see what you think.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

@still-in-school

Hi Huey,

Here is the link

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=2&ARCHIVEVIEW=&TOPIC_ID=5350

You will find minutes of the meeting, near the bottom of the post.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

Participant
    @huey

Thanks SIS,

We can’t make Thursday. We often drive to Sydney on Sat or Sun. Actually we’re just back from a shopping trip in Paramatta. The weather was not bad.

Cheers

Huey

@still-in-school

Hi Huey,

im just 2 mins or less from parramatta, i live just by there, oh well theres always a next time. In the mean time a good book i suggest you read, its Rich Kid, Smart Kid – Give your Child A Financial Headstart by Robert T. Kiyosaki. Ive read this book and taken great notes from it. I might not be a parent, but i have a 15 year old brother whom i now teach about investing, the book is great it will help you teach your kids or people, you want to teach, who know nothing about investing but how to get a financial headstart at any age.

This book is a great insider, not only will it teach your kids, but yourself too.

cheers
    s.i.s

Save on a regular basis

Participant
    @huey

Thanks SIS,

I will buy that book. I will contact you for coffee next time we make it there. Currently we have lots of concerns about our IP in Sydney. Your advice will be most welcomed. Pls send me your mail address at tranvh2000 at yahoo.com.au.

Cheers

Huey

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.