All Topics / Opinionated! / Seminars, Gurus, etc.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Profile photo of ryanmelryanmel
    @ryanmel

regarding the comments made about robert kiyosaki….. whether it’s a true story or not, someone said “you should read this” and i did, and my wife did, and from paying extra off our house each month (not a bad thing) we were motivated to do more. and if from one book, someone can be motivated to read more, learn more, invest, and plan to retire on passive income rather than working for someone else for a livin, unhappy, then i think he has done a good job.

also, if someone can become successful from investing, and share their strategies with other people via books and seminars, then it is just another step in their wealth creation, no point being jealous. envious….maybe, or maybe we can prove to ourselves that we can become successful in our investing too, and whether in the future we have books or seminars, or maybe we branch out into a different strategy, at the right time, and end up wealthy and sharing our knowledge.
    i want to share my knowledge with any family and friends who want to listen. i don’t want to see them retiring with nothing, i want everyone i know to retire comfortably. not dependant on a pension that may not exist. is that a bad thing?

it is the information age !!!

Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

Felicity and Wayne

Thanks for feedback on your trading. I see myself more as an investor than a pure trader, although as I get more experience I would like to combine elements of both.

ryanmel

You, and sometimes others, are missing the point I am trying to make. Education and learning from experienced people from books and so on is a good thing. No problem. Good on you for becoming enlightened.

I feel Robert Kiyosaki has gone overboard with his educational material – INXS. His motives are not as pure as they once might have been. He is a money-making machine when he really doesn’t need to be anymore. How much is enough?

The other point is if a “guru” says, “I am an author and sell educational products as a main source of income” then fine, at least that’s being honest. But when people do it and try to convince you they are gun traders, I despise that. The best example are the scammers running expensive options seminars. If they need to do that, they are not gun traders. They are shonks using people to fund their lifestyle.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.