All Topics / General Property / Properties in Northern Territory

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of oO Dreamer OooO Dreamer Oo
    @oo-dreamer-oo

What do you think about properties in Northern Territory? Many properties in Alice Springs selling for under $200,000 and generating $300-400 rental return. Is that good enough for Steve’s 11 second solution?

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi liviwell,

You may find that most of them don’t generate this rental return all the time and that they are seasonal rates. Alice Springs has some areas that are very over priced. Also check out what the insurance rates are for certain areas.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of CheekyOldBatCheekyOldBat
    Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

I’m an Alice Springs buyer. Rentals here are achieving some pretty high (and sustainable) returns and have for a number of yrs.

A shortage of available land, expensive construction costs and land ownership issues ensure housing prices maintain their levels.

It seems to me that if you do your homework you can’t go wrong in Alice. [8D]

Profile photo of oO Dreamer OooO Dreamer Oo
    @oo-dreamer-oo

Hi
    I have come across a few rental agent here that aren’t very professional. Would you happen to know an agent who is more experience and reliable in Alice Springs?
    Appreciate your help.

quote:

I’m an Alice Springs buyer. Rentals here are achieving some pretty high (and sustainable) returns and have for a number of yrs.

A shortage of available land, expensive construction costs and land ownership issues ensure housing prices maintain their levels.

It seems to me that if you do your homework you can’t go wrong in Alice. [8D]

Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

Liviwell ..

I’m happy to put you in touch with a agent or two here .. email me direct

[email protected]

“plays well with others, but sometimes runs with scissors”

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Liviwell, I have found a great agent here in Alice, I went in one day with about 5 major questions regarding my IP – she had addressed all questions without me needing to ask.

Email me, I’ll give you her details

[email protected]

Cheers

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of oO Dreamer OooO Dreamer Oo
    @oo-dreamer-oo

Thanks for your help guys.
    Just one more thing. Is this a good time to sell in Alice? The market looks pretty active at the moment. Last friday’s paper states that the properties in Alice has increased 20% in the last 3 months.

Profile photo of Julian2Julian2
    @julian2

CheekyOldBatt, Whaddayamean a shortage of available land around Alice. Hells bells, there’s land for about 2,000 miles in any direction!!!!!
    Cheers, Julian.

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

[?]Julian
    I do hope that was a typical tongue in cheek comment. SLA is an issue in many places I suggest & is an issue in Alice .
    Bit like being shipwrecked on the ocean between our great countries and complaining of no “water”
    ??
    Regards

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Just moved this to a more appropriate forum.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@julian2

jancrows, tongue was very firmly lodged in cheek! But, anyway, what is “SLA”?
    Julian.

Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

quote:

CheekyOldBatt, Whaddayamean a shortage of available land around Alice. Hells bells, there’s land for about 2,000 miles in any direction!!!!!
    Cheers, Julian.

Julian,
    Native Title ownership controls much of the land here in Alice and the rest is desert sands of the infamous Simpson Desert..

Sooo we make do with what is allocated and that in turn keeps our investments churning over.

Cheers,
    A

” plays well with others
    … but sometimes runs with scissors”

@julian2

CheekyOldBat, SLA are a strange set of initials to apply to the term, “Native Title”
    Regards, Julian

Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

Julian
    I have no idea what the acronym SLA refers to.. (waiting patiently to see what comes out in the forum)

My comment re Native Title was not in reference to Jancrows comment about SLA’s but was by way of an explanation of why we have a land shortage up here.

If you have no understanding of the regional issues, perhaps you might read the posts more carefully before commenting in future.

Cheers,
    A

” plays well with others

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Serviced Land Availability (SLA) – kind of a short form of the old SLAP (Plans) done in some communities

Sorry for confusion…..[:)]

Profile photo of Adrian CahillAdrian Cahill
    Participant
    @adriannqld

How about Darwin is there good yeild there. and does any one have investments there

Adrian Cahill | AdrianCahill.com Personal Development Expert
    http://adriancahill.com/from-investor-to-coach/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Here since 2002, however things have evolved over the years.

Profile photo of TazDazTazDaz
    @tazdaz

Just came across this discussion regarding Alice Sprigns. My wife and I bought a great two bedroom townhouse in re-development next to town back in May for $127.000. I have just recieved call from two agents, in the past day, wanting to sell it for us again, and telling us the capital gain has been fantastic. It has been a nice little positive earner from day 1! We are going to keep it without a doubt.[:o)]

Participant
    @cheekyoldbat

Adrian,
    I looked at Darwin but found that rent returns for same dollars invested weren’t as good so went with the best + avenue to start me off on the investment track.

Cheers,
    A

” plays well with others

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.