All Topics / General Property / Christmas Presents

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

In “0-130 in 3.5”, Steve talks about tokens like garden vouchers, movie tickets etc for tenants.

As we’re approaching this season again, what do others do (if anything) for their tenants at Christmas time as a goodwill gesture?

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Rubbachook,
    I can’t remember who it is (sorry) but one of the forumites gives his/her tennants a week of free rent at christmas. I think this is a great idea, especially for families.
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

A weeks free rent at Christmas is something that i’m sure every tenant would truly appreciate – I’ve given long term (more than 2 years) tenants just that several times… [;)]

P.S. I’m going to buy Mini a lollipop for Christmas so she can get that lemon out of her mouth… [:P]
    Just kidding Mini… [:)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Rubbachook and Sue,

I’m sure it’s Fatboy (Paul, where are ya?) who gives a week’s free rent to his brother. Yeah, good for families, saves buying presents for us lazy buggers.

Don’t forget to load the rent by 2%+ to pay for the feel good Christmas present of a week’s “free rent”. The initial idea of course is as a thank you to a tenant who continually pays on time and looks after the place.

I like starting a new tenant with a token thought too. I left a bottle of wine with a note telling them things about the property, services etc.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Look above your post Phil !! [:D]

Yeah, my little brother gets it too – but he also gets a free week every few months because the little sh1t is always broke and i’m too soft… [:)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I don’t give anything to tenants. but sometimes buy investment books as presents to ‘loved ones’ and then claim the costs as a deduction.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Terry

That sounds like a really scabby thing to do[xx(]

I did that this year too[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Ho Ho Ho
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

lol, i did the same too….

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

I have a tenant with an elderly Mum that he looks after, a voucher for dinner is his present for being a great tenant. Was thinking of a hamper but thought dinner would be nicer. HG

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

Terry – what we reeeeally want to know is whether you:

1. Read the investment books yourself before you give it or

2. have an arrangement where the recipient gives your book back as a present the next Christmas/birthday

The second approach is win-win as the recipient doesn’t need to dig into his pocket for presents to you and you get to keep the book [;)] And the morality is impeccable; give and you shall receive.

If you’re looking for a nice wrap (for the book, silly!), you can’t go past newspaper, especially the RE and/or personal sections [;)]

Hey, how about a new thread ‘saving money without being miserable this Christmas?’

Peter

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

Some of you sound like your opting for the ‘Scrooges’ X-mas! LOL

My wrapee just had her 9th child… Think about all the presents I’ll be putting under their tree [:0)] I’ve bought a big tin of lollies so far…any other ideas?

Does everyone like the X-mas hat on the propertyinvesting logo (top right of screen/top left as your looking at the screen)? Cute.

Silly Season has begun [:0)]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of MikeRobinsonMikeRobinson
    @mikerobinson

Merry Xmas guys and gals,
    I give my tenants xmas week free but only the long term ones.I figure that 2yrs looking after my property and paying on time deserves a pat on the back.I always like to remember how tough they are doing it and still paying on time.
    Just me remembering where I came from,Mike

Profile photo of sarahksarahk
    @sarahk

quote:

sometimes buy investment books as presents to ‘loved ones’ and then claim the costs as a deduction.

Terry and anyone else with loved ones and clients who “need” a chrissy present.

http://www.propertyinvestor.info is doing a deal when you buy 5+ books direct. check out http://www.propertyinvestor.info/xmas.php

PC Property Manager Support

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.