All Topics / General Property / Land rates in different states

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Profile photo of freedom1freedom1
    @freedom1

Hi I would be interested in having a copy of the land rates for different states to please my email is [email protected] thanks

Profile photo of PersiusPersius
    @persius

G’day RugbyFan

Would you be able to flick pass your property rates spreadsheet to me at my e-mail address below:

[email protected]

Hope you didn’t get too down about the World Cup result.

Cheers

Nic

I vaguely remember hearing somewhere in the last few days, that land rates are more expensive in Tasmania – does anyone know what kind of difference there is between the various states?

Allan.
    [/quote]

I have the complete and up to date Land tax rates for all states of Australia in an Excel Spreadsheet. I would be happy to email it to you if you give me your email address.
    [/quote]

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I’m geting RSI in the hands from typing and clicking!!!!

Now to answer some questions:

1. From Abbee ‘If there is a threshhold before you have to pay Land Tax, eg: 275,997 in Qld, then why does the spreadsheet have Land value Less than $4,000 paying .20cents in each $?’

– I have no idea why the QLD figures start well below the ‘stated threshold’. But a quick phone call to Queensland Treasury will get me an answer I’m sure.

2. From Abbee ‘Is land tax calulated on each property owned or on the accummulative value’

– It differs from state to state. You will get the answers from each states Land Tax working sheet.

The URL’s to each state are very long and I don’t particularly want to type each one in but here is QLD’s and ACT’s for example: http://www.osr.qld.gov.au/taxes/land/index.htm
    http://www.revenue.act.gov.au/r_ltax.html

A simple search of each state government’s website will find the right page.

3. From Abbee ‘What are the rebates? Tax?? How does this work?

– you will get the answer from the above URL – it is too difficult to explain it here.

And BTW Thefirstbruce – I do not know how to ‘whack the file up on a web or ftp site, and post a link’ but am happy to learn

AND FINALLY – I was dissappointed at the World cup result but it was a great final. I thought the Wallabies gutsed it out so well and could have pulled it off but probably the better team won on the day.

Happy reading of this tome of wisdom!![;)]

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’

Profile photo of thefirstbrucethefirstbruce
    @thefirstbruce

Rugbyfan,

I am sorry if i have pre-empted, but thought I would save your finger for 12 hours. Here is a link to your xls file.

http://members.dodo.net.au/~thefirstbruce/Landtax.xls

If you want to post it on your own bit of cyber turf, I’ll guide you through it via email or phone if you like- thefirstbruce AT hotmail.com

BTW, evem though an Aussie, I was happy to see England win. They have applied science and determination in their campaign. And I was glad to see them prevail over Eddie’s insouciant strategy. Jonny Wilkinson confirmed that life, and real estate investment, are like Monopoly. There are rules to play by, rules that strategies can be devised to exploit. (If rugby is all the more predictable for those rules, then change the rules).

@rugbyfan

quote:

Rugbyfan,

I am sorry if i have pre-empted, but thought I would save your finger for 12 hours. Here is a link to your xls file.

If you want to post it on your own bit of cyber turf, I’ll guide you through it via email or phone if you like- thefirstbruce AT hotmail.com

BTW, evem though an Aussie, I was happy to see England win. They have applied science and determination in their campaign. And I was glad to see them prevail over Eddie’s insouciant strategy. Jonny Wilkinson confirmed that life, and real estate investment, are like Monopoly. There are rules to play by, rules that strategies can be devised to exploit. (If rugby is all the more predictable for those rules, then change the rules).

Thanks for setting up the link for me and I agree with your sentiments regarding the game. It might save my typing fingers!!!

Profile photo of ChinamanChinaman
    Participant
    @chinaman

Hi Mate,

Any chance of getting a copy of your spreadsheet too. I live in Switzerland and I’m having a fair bit of trouble getting the info I need.

Regards,
    Simon

email: [email protected][:P]

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Folks

Well hasn’t this been a wild fire … It caught my eye this morning as it had grown so fast.

quote:

Rugbyfan,

Could I please have a copy of this spreadsheet?

email is julian’at’ctcorp.com.au

Why aren’t people writting their email addresses properly (eg: ‘at’)

Is there some danger? Spamming?

Have people had problems from this site?

Thanks

The admin of this forum do not like having people posting their email address into threads such as this as spammers are attracted to the site. So please avoid this in the future.

Thefirstbruce
    Well done that was a great idea, and I am sure that our rugby fan budies RSI will thank you also!

Rugbyfan

Well done that was a great spreadsheet and thanks for sharing it with everyone.

Kind regards
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Rugbyfan,

I am a fan of Rugby too. Since we are on the same side, can you please send me your Land tax’s spreadsheet to:
    [chandara at optusnet dot com dot au]

Your spreadsheet is appreciated in advance.

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

got it sorry

Kind regards

Chandara
    [Keep going, you’re nearly reach the end of financial freedom]

Profile photo of JustAllanJustAllan
    Participant
    @justallan

quote:

The admin of this forum do not like having people posting their email address into threads such as this as spammers are attracted to the site. So please avoid this in the future.

Well… In other forums I’ve participated in, when you click on the person’s nick, you can send them a private message. This is used for sending email addresses and the like. I suspect if this feature was “enabled”, there would be far fewer people posting their email address! :-P

In reply to “aamee” (I think it was): Sorry, I’ve been away from the forum for a while. To answer your question, yes I was originally looking for how to discover council rates… But that’s ok – I didn’t even know land tax existed – so I’m *grateful* I was misunderstood, as I’m sure a lot of others are who have received the spreadsheet as well!

Allan.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Any chance i could have a copy of the spreadsheet too? Appreciate it!

[email protected]

Thanks

Profile photo of blowieblowie
    Participant
    @blowie

Slide one my way too Rugbyfan. Thanks for sharing…

tvandoore[at]hotmail[dot]com

much appreciated
    tim

Money is an elastic resource, it can be created. Time is not.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

quote:

Well… In other forums I’ve participated in, when you click on the person’s nick, you can send them a private message. This is used for sending email addresses and the like. I suspect if this feature was “enabled”, there would be far fewer people posting their email address! :-P

Very uncalled for Allan, instant messaging is currently unavailable and is a feature that is being incorporated into this forum in the near future. As for NOW I have outlined the policy and suggest that if you have a problem with it that you discuss it with admin.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

@rugbyfan

Hi all

The ENJOLady – thanks for your kind comments, I am very new to this forum and have got a lot of great info from it. It is only right that I try and help other if I can.

The Purplekiss & Blowie – The first Bruce was kind enough to link it to a website so the spreadsheet can be viewed by clicking on this link.

Just Allan – happy to help you with the land tax rates but can’t help you with council rates – you will have to do the research yourself. It shouldn’t be that hard to do on the net.

Waratahs to win in 2004

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.