All Topics / General Property / Qld will rocket as other states slow your opinion?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of AlwayslearningAlwayslearning
    Participant
    @alwayslearning

When i arrived in Queensland from the uk 2 yrs ago it was on the back of a property boom in the uk .

My friends there had some 30 properties each and i began the learning curve.

To cut a long story short what happened in Queensland 2 years ago and England two years ago is following a simalar trend.

As more and more investors became exposed in London and the southern regions of the uk (paying over 300,000 pounds for a 3 bedroom house (eqiv to 900,000 dollars ),many have now bailed out in droves as affordability became crital as vacancey rates soared and rent yeilds diminished .They then transferred their equity out of the south and bought up huge in the Northern regions that were previously under performing suburbs like Bradford /Barnsley a mining town Newcastle ex shipbuilding town these areas were depressed but had high rent yeields compared to the south of England.
    The prices last year were 20 to 30000 pounds and now they are 40 to 60000 pounds so that is proof of what investor does as he becomes more exposed to the marketplace.

The investors from London and the south of England thus reduced their exposure to the market and protected their investments against losses.
    Certain parts of London and the south went negative whereas 0 growth set in to high past performing regions.Where asthe north just had a minimal growth.Then the north soared over a period of months.

My point is that this weekend auction rates in Melbourne dropped 56% and Sydney 40% according to the Financial revue This data i have been told usually translates down through to the agents and the marketplace which sets off a chain reaction .
    They said the rugby was partly to blame good on ya Johnny wilkinson but 3 points is nothing and oh what a final.
    The latest stats say 1400 a week are moving into Queensland mainley people interstate .However the baby boomers who are now retiring early will really fuel the growth i beleive as they seek lifestlye.

Queensland has the greatest shortgage of property in the country this must get worse this means then a gross shortgage of houses creating a high demand that will force up the price of previously low cost housing.

These facts convince me that Queensland will continue to experience many years of growth long after the other states have slowed.

Michael Matusic in his reports gives conservative estimates of growth over the next few years.

I feel the growth rates seen already this year will continue despite interest rates.

The moves from interstate will fuel this continued growth as well as overseas investment in this wonderful state.

Shrewd investors are now on the move into these previously underperforming areas and as Richmond quoted in this forum Rockhampton over the last few years only grew at 1.75% pa thats lousy….. but the good news is just like Townsville this area and other areas like it Gladstone Bundaberg Innesfall Warick are enjoying exciting interest as agents now run out of stock and like me i bought 9 houses in Rockhampton one month ago at around 100k 8-10% yeild and i am still buying and my associates are doing the same.

I am grateful for the mentors like Kiyosaki De roos Jan somers Anita bell John Burley and more recently Steve Mcknight that have and still are teaching me and i hope i can benefit anyone that is like minded.

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Hi Alwayslearning

I tend to agree in part with you about QLD growing whilst Syd, Melb go through a correction. I do however not totally believe that people are swarming to QLD and that the rate of Baby Boomer migration will increase much more strongly than in the past. Lets face it, are people able to stop working sooner these days? Probably not, inflation and moving job markets are not allowing people to retire early unless they are into property or shares in a big way, and that is the minority of people. I actually think that more Baby Boomers than ever before are retiring later and with less money. Certainly, some boomers from Syd. & Melb. are forced to downgrade their lifestyles and move to cheaper environments like QLD. I still think that this is not as marked as some people are saying. I also think that there are not enough jobs in QLD to support the population and the more working age people that migrate here the more unemployed people will be in the state. To compound the problem, salaries in QLD are very low compared to Syd. & Melb. This to me means that the migration cannot continue at an increased rate but will in fact decrease.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Alwayslearning,

I can see were you are coming from, but i see many potential investors, investing in QLD because of property housing there is still much more cheaper than, sydney and melbourne prices.

The average house price affordability in sydney is $460k, while many parts of Brisbane are, no were near those figures, i can see many sydney and melbourne investors/siders purchasing and pushing prices near the $460k mark.

So there is still plenty of room for Capital growth and gain.

Cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of brownwombatbrownwombat
    Participant
    @brownwombat

Hi All,
    I have been watching the GC for the last couple of years now – fortunately bought 2 IPs there and am watching them go ahead in leaps and bounds. Also watching what is happening in Southport and will happen in the next 4 years re: construction and revamp of the area. The GC is the 6th largest area in Oz now and I can only forsee nothing but improvements. Why is Westfield building in Helesvale ? Because the demand is there. As these companies move in, the new infrastructure will come and the new demand for jobs. I can only see it going up and up.[^]

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi brownwombat,

have you also noticed the redevelopment of Queen St Mall, and in the last few years, the new city bypass and the new express tunnel in Nundah. That new express tunnel in Nundah made neighbouring suburbs like northgate gain a 75% CG in 1 year.

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of brownwombatbrownwombat
    Participant
    @brownwombat

Hi s_i_s
    Certainly have. Although they have been working on Queen St for ages – years. Instead of property sites, I enjoy finding sites realting to development companies and see what they are doing. It’s kinda like the pied piper effect [;)]

Profile photo of AlwayslearningAlwayslearning
    Participant
    @alwayslearning

quote:

Hi Alwayslearning,

I can see were you are coming from, but i see many potential investors, investing in QLD because of property housing there is still much more cheaper than, sydney and melbourne prices.

The average house price affordability in sydney is $460k, while many parts of Brisbane are, no were near those figures, i can see many sydney and melbourne investors/siders purchasing and pushing prices near the $460k mark.

So there is still plenty of room for Capital growth and gain.

Cheers
    s.i.s

Bang on yes there is plenty of room to move gold coast Labrador southport where i live still going at 350k plus 3 bedroom 600sqm blocks approx
    coomera by dreamworld now blocks 180k plus 600sqm blocks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.