All Topics / General Property / where to buy??

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of MonkeybamMonkeybam
    @monkeybam

I think the trick is to see3 a lot of property and put in redicilious low offers and when someone is desperate enough they will let you have them. You must have a thick skin and be prepared to be knocked back many times. I also have found there is gold where others have failed. That is when someones property goes pear shapped, the tennant trashes the property, poor management. They get sick of it and give up then you can buy it cheep and clean it up and profit from their loss. Managematn is verry important to success.
    Brendan

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Queensland is the only way to go imo.
    There are places with literally hundreds of cash flow positive properties, if you look, incredible bargains.

Profile photo of RodCRodC
    @rodc

quote:

you say nz has no capital gains tax !

will the aussie government tax you when you bring the money back into the country thoe ? ie will they tax you as money earnt overseas ?

the short answer is yes, although you should get a credit for any tax already paid in NZ.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of snowboardersnowboarder
    Participant
    @snowboarder

why would the nz government give you a credit for a tax paid in oz, ie for capital gains tax, when they do not charge it in nz.

quote:

quote:

you say nz has no capital gains tax !

will the aussie government tax you when you bring the money back into the country thoe ? ie will they tax you as money earnt overseas ?

the short answer is yes, although you should get a credit for any tax already paid in NZ.

regards,

Rod.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Pmaurice,
    I think RodC mean’t that the Oz government will give you credit for taxes you have paid in NZ. For example, income tax on you cash flow positive property in NZ
    Hope that helps alittle,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of markpatrickmarkpatrick
    @markpatrick

Guys, is the NZ population growing or diminishing?.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

From something I read that Muppet posted recently the population is growing, as they let quite a few immigrants in each year (of course, they lose lots as they come here too) but I believe it’s a healthy net gain.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of portstarportstar
    @portstar

quote:

Queensland is the only way to go imo.
    There are places with literally hundreds of cash flow positive properties, if you look, incredible bargains.

As a victim of marketeering about 8 years ago (whats that saying about a fool and his money ?)when I purchased in SE qld, I am a little burnt.

Are the areas in QLd you are talking about small regional towns of less than 10,000 people?

Any help would be much appreciated.

mb

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

IMHO, be very careful buyin in particular areas of Qlds as many investors, or people new to the property game, are rushing and buying properties but also causing prices to rise, but also causing inflated prices due to massive amount of properties being purchased and taken off the market.

Yet at the same time, not allowing the actual property market in some areas to rise accordingly to the current market and people in that area can afford and service, which is within their threshold.

cheers,
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

sis, you said you were buying a few more properties before xmas. How did you go? How many properties do you have now?

kay henry

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kay Henry,

Did get 2 more, properties, so techniqually on 13, but settlement date is not due for another few more days.

Yet, ive changed strategy for the moment and have been helping family members and close family members get into the property investing market, by helping and providing as much finance and equity for them.

Yet overall, im happy with the people i helped, and what has been achieved so far.

At the moment just trying to plan ahead and create some more diversity, for what the future holds.

cheers,
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.