All Topics / General Property / where to buy??

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of lynchy2lynchy2
    @lynchy2

im only half way through steves book but im into it,ok so get the idea its hard to find cashflow pos properties these days in good growth areas but where is the best areas to look in australia and maybe o/s
    any feedback helpfull[:D]

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

The magic question!

You aren’t likely to get too many specific tips from this forum (no-one wants to disclose the location of their goldmine!).

Nonetheless, this forum is fantastic for giving tips on how to go about doing your own legwork, lessons to listen to etc. There are some good people who spend hours on this forum.

And, yes, it is not always easy to find these places, but that’s part of the reward.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Lynchy, and welcome,
    Your best bet is to do a search through the link at the top of the page.
    Read as many posts as you can and you will learn a lot in this forum.
    If you can’t find the information you want through a search, then you should ask a question and, as rubberchook said, one of the generous people in here will undoubtedly answer it for you.
    Good luck,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

quote:

The magic question!

You aren’t likely to get too many specific tips from this forum (no-one wants to disclose the location of their goldmine!).

Hi lynchy, i agree with Rubbachook, you will find it hard to get tips on specific locations of were to look, best bet is to just keep on searching and eventually you will find something.

cheers

s.i.s

Profile photo of propertyguypropertyguy
    @propertyguy

Hello,

I have just finished steve’s book and immediately went on a shopping spree. I have just come across a property (2 hour drive from metro area) which is selling for $60,000. The wonderful thing is that it will be tenanted until the end of next year with a weekly rent of $130.

I must say that deals really do exist! You just gotta put in your time and always carry the attitude of looking forward to learning, rather than discovering your first pot of gold! I have found the hunting process to be quite enjoyable!

All the best and happy hunting!

Jim

@still-in-school

Hi Propertyguy and welcome to Property Investing.

Goodluck to you and your Investment Property, and the effort you made, to look, locate and find a IP.

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Lynchy,

You will get some help but not all of it. 1-2 hours north or south of Perth. Near the border of Vic just before you get into SA on highway 8. Bay of islands in NZ. Now the rest is up to you.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of SiboSibo
    Participant
    @sibo

Hi Lynchy,
    I’ve been keeping a close watch on the NZ property market for the last couple of years and it offers some prime investing. Key areas are Auckland, Queenstown and other tourist hotspots such as Nelson and Wanaka. Auckland has large population growth so capital gains are excellent and NZ has no capital gains tax to boot! The timing is good as NZ is currently in the boom that OZ appears to be just coming out of.
    King regards,
    Si

Profile photo of kyl_37kyl_37
    @kyl_37

Recently I found a couple of places in Cairns which were close to cash flow positive…maybe you could investigate there?

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

Lynchy and others,
    Good luck with your investing and I hope you find some great deals.

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

*sigh*

When you know what to look for deals are everywhere. Sadly, though, people don’t know what they don’t know.

These words often fall on deaf ears, but… opportunities are everywhere. The key is to (1) find a region you want to invest in; and then (2) look for problems.

Good luck.

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@still-in-school

Hi Team,

Though if you are looking for problems, you must create the solution… and this is what brings financail success and seperates you as an individual from others.

cheers
    s.i.s

“People 4 get that by saving just $3 aday & investing it sensibly over a working life, you’ll end up wit around $1 million.”

Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Yes SIS,

The money is made, not in finding the problem, but in crafting the win-win solution.

Most astute pick up.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Profile photo of RenBigRenBig
    @renbig

Hi everyone,

Just finished reading Steve’s book and I am most excited about my new future in positive cashflow investment properties. I am very nervous about my first purchase and have been lookin hard to locate the area and property for my first purchase. If anyone has any tips on where I should look, I’d really appreciate it – however I am not giving up and my goal is to buy 10 properties a year over the next 5 years. Good luck to everyone.

Regards,
    Ren[:D]

Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Ren,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Be sure to post both your questions and progress… it won’t be easy, but if you want it bad enough then success will be a matter of choice, not a matter of chance!

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Profile photo of Matt PMatt P
    @matt-p

quote:

Hi,

*sigh*

When you know what to look for deals are everywhere. Sadly, though, people don’t know what they don’t know.

You shouldn’t sigh so much Steve [:P] I am sure it can’t be good for your health! [8D]

Matt

“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.”

“Isn’t it time for a change?”

Profile photo of snowboardersnowboarder
    Participant
    @snowboarder

quote:

Hi Lynchy,
    I’ve been keeping a close watch on the NZ property market for the last couple of years and it offers some prime investing. Key areas are Auckland, Queenstown and other tourist hotspots such as Nelson and Wanaka. Auckland has large population growth so capital gains are excellent and NZ has no capital gains tax to boot! The timing is good as NZ is currently in the boom that OZ appears to be just coming out of.
    King regards,
    Si

Participant
    @snowboarder

Hi si

you say nz has no capital gains tax !

will the aussie government tax you when you bring the money back into the country thoe ? ie will they tax you as money earnt overseas ?

cheers

thanks for the help

quote:

Hi Lynchy,
    King regards,
    Si

Profile photo of WildlyWealthyWildlyWealthy
    @wildlywealthy

[:P] Hi All
    I recieved Steves book on Xmas day and Im only on page 92, I was in Canberra from the Sunshine Coast on our HOLS We drove back up and I found Several properties in regional places there that were massively +ive geared!!!
    [:D] [:D] [:D] I’M EXCITED [:D] [:D] [:D]
    KEEP LOOKING they are out there!!
    Cheers D

Participant
    @snowboarder

hey wildy

where did you see the majority of them, i dont expect you to tell me the location but the area or region wouldnt be bad.

cheers

quote:

[:P] Hi All
    I recieved Steves book on Xmas day and Im only on page 92, I was in Canberra from the Sunshine Coast on our HOLS We drove back up and I found Several properties in regional places there that were massively +ive geared!!!
    [:D] [:D] [:D] I’M EXCITED [:D] [:D] [:D]
    KEEP LOOKING they are out there!!
    Cheers D

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.