All Topics / Heads Up! / property seminars

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Alexander2Alexander2
    Participant
    @alexander2

Just looking at the moment for a range of proprty seminars. Mainly concerned with +ve CF and tax seminars to broaden my knowledge. Any ideas guys??
    I’ve been experimenting with lease options as well, I’d like to find out more about literature or seminars concerned with options in the rental market…[?][?]

Profile photo of wezwazwezwaz
    Participant
    @wezwaz

Alexander

Whatever you do, don’t pay thousands to attend a seminar – a few hundred dollars maybe. These “gurus” charging thousands are conning people. They don’t have any secrets. It is all known and available in books, such as Steve McKnight’s. Also you will see another post that lists many great books to study before jumping into property investment. What’s more you can get most good books through your library so you don’t have to keep buying them.

I’ll leave you with an age-old thought. If the people running the seminars are so successful at property investment, why do they need to charge an individual thousands of dollars for a few days? 100 backsides on seats x $3,000 = easy money. Why in God’s name would I ever need to invest in property? Think long and hard before you part with your money.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

i agree, i wouldnt turn up to a property seminar unless its free, property seminars that cost money, well the lecturer is the one or the property guru is the one that makes the most money that night.

Hey Wezwaz, i fill in your caculation. 100 people go to a seminar were the seats are $1000 (by the way this is cheap some seminars are costing heaps more.)

100 ppl x $1000 = $100,000.00 easy money

or pay $19.95 for a book on property, dont get con by these property seminars, the people i know who own lots of property, dont go to property seminars, they go to tafes, short courses or even still they have taught themselves.

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of Alexander2Alexander2
    Participant
    @alexander2

Thanks guys… I had kinda come to that conclusion as well… haven’t quite given me any subject answers though.
    Has anyone got any other sites which post seminar schedules etc??[:D]

Profile photo of Heath06Heath06
    @heath06
    Profile photo of lozza123lozza123
    @lozza123

Hi Alexander,

While I can’t comment on the $3000 seminars (because I haven’t been to one), I can say that some of the cheaper ones are good.

I have seen Robert Kiyosaki, Dolf De Roos (twice) and also went to John Burley’s introductory seminar. They all cost only about $60.00 each, and you get at least a couple of hours of info.

For newbies, I can also recommend Steve McKnight’s one day seminars, but you have to have a spare $1,000. Nevertheless, we did get a full day of information and could also ask any questions we had.

I have been to free seminars too, but a lot of them have been specifically designed to sell you something much more expensive.. eg National Investment Institute.. where you have to sneak out before the sales people jump on you!!

Lozza

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

ive spent 2500 on a investment course (the richmastery one) i’m sorry that i spent that much on a course, but i’m not sorry for what i learnt. the course gave me a greater understanding of what is needed to invest in property. since doing the course ive found out alot of valuable information.
    for example, i had a pos geared property 3 years ago and didnt even know because of lazy accountants who gave me the wrong information.
    i also now understand what a trust is, and i am also more financially literate. was the course worth two and a half grand, i could have gotten it cheaper. i have saved myself the money a couple of times over already by not walking blindly into a deal. if i could do it again i would probably do a course alot cheaper.
    just my thoughts.

Profile photo of upcashupcash
    @upcash

Hi Alexander
    I paid for a seminar a couple of years ago and they throw a lot of information and stratergies at you in a short period of time no real after seminar support (your on your own} you only remember about 20% and i found most of what was discussed in books and on forums, since then i have came across investclub.com.au they are a free club that offer advice and hold meetings through out Aus and NZ (free) go to the site and find out when the next meeting is near you, or sign up for their news letter, nothing to lose
    upcash

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.