All Topics / Heads Up! / Useful Books or Seminars??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of ringadingringading
    @ringading

Hi,Can anyone strongly recomend any seminars on property renovating. Or any books on the same subject,as I’ve just bought my first place and would like to do it up but have no idea on the subject??Thanks,
    Ringading

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Try checkin out the links for books i have read on another forum

hang on ill paste the link here for you.

http//:www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5667

cheers
    s.i.s

i hope this works

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

SIS, your link doesn’t work.

This one should
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5667

Also, for renos, try the reno kings. http://www.financialsuccesssystems.com.au

Cheers
    Mel

@still-in-school

thanks Mel, lol no http://

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey SIS (keep thinking I’m talking to my ‘sis’ter)

I don’t think it’s that. Put your mouse on the link, but dont’ click, and look at what it shows bottom left.

*Edit* I see that your link does work now s.i.s

Seems to have double pasted in there somewhere.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi Ringading,

See you’re in S.A. If you have the opportunity to go to Peter Spann seminars, even the three hour introductory ones have tips on renovating. Their website is http://www.freemanfox.com.au. You can also buy their videos of the seminars if you can’t go.

It comes down to your budget, whether you are going to live in it or rent it out.

A few ideas from renos we have done –

Don’t do anything structural though unless you’re a builder or have mates who are, takes too much time and you want to get the rent coming in asap.

Paint a neutral colour – the tenants can put their own colour with curtains, lounges, bedspreads, etc.

Polished floors can’t be damaged in the same way as carpet or vinyl. You can always sand and re-estapol, easier than replacing carpet or patching vinyl. But you can also get good remnant or end of roll carpet and vinyl.

Have a neat functional kitchen and bathroom. A new vanity, say $300 and tiling (seconds, end of runs at sales) makes a difference. Maybe new tap fittings. You might just need to replace a couple of kitchen cupboard doors, the handles, sometimes the benchtop. You might find a kitchen manufacturer that has benchtops that are unclaimed orders and sell them half price and less and cut them for you.

Light fittings don’t have to be expensive – we just put new ones for under $25 each (sale price) and they were stainless steel and glass. New light switches look good and double power points in the kitchen area.

We have replaced internal doors from dull looking luan to panel.

Some tenants aren’t gardeners – and there might be water water restrictions. Last reno, we tidied up a lot, removed dead shrubs, trimmed trees, weeded the garden, spent $65 on good cyprus pine mulch so it ended up virtually easy care. New letterbox if it’s rusty.

Anna

@still-in-school

lol, i see melbear, hang on im gonna try to edit the linked i pasted and fixs that error.

lol thanks sister

cheers
    s.i.s

Profile photo of ringadingringading
    @ringading

quote:

Hi Ringading,

See you’re in S.A. If you have the opportunity to go to Peter Spann seminars, even the three hour introductory ones have tips on renovating. Their website is http://www.freemanfox.com.au. You can also buy their videos of the seminars if you can’t go.

It comes down to your budget, whether you are going to live in it or rent it out.

A few ideas from renos we have done –

Don’t do anything structural though unless you’re a builder or have mates who are, takes too much time and you want to get the rent coming in asap.

Paint a neutral colour – the tenants can put their own colour with curtains, lounges, bedspreads, etc.

Polished floors can’t be damaged in the same way as carpet or vinyl. You can always sand and re-estapol, easier than replacing carpet or patching vinyl. But you can also get good remnant or end of roll carpet and vinyl.

Have a neat functional kitchen and bathroom. A new vanity, say $300 and tiling (seconds, end of runs at sales) makes a difference. Maybe new tap fittings. You might just need to replace a couple of kitchen cupboard doors, the handles, sometimes the benchtop. You might find a kitchen manufacturer that has benchtops that are unclaimed orders and sell them half price and less and cut them for you.

Light fittings don’t have to be expensive – we just put new ones for under $25 each (sale price) and they were stainless steel and glass. New light switches look good and double power points in the kitchen area.

We have replaced internal doors from dull looking luan to panel.

Some tenants aren’t gardeners – and there might be water water restrictions. Last reno, we tidied up a lot, removed dead shrubs, trimmed trees, weeded the garden, spent $65 on good cyprus pine mulch so it ended up virtually easy care. New letterbox if it’s rusty.

Anna

Thanks Anna for your indepth reply-I have taken notes from it and look forward to putting them to use. Will check out this seminar site in a sec and will try and get to one if they are still on. Thanks again!
    Ringading

Profile photo of G-MAN007G-MAN007
    @g-man007

WHAT ABOUT HENRY KAYE HES PRETTY GOOD

JUST KIDDING OF COURSE!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.