All Topics / Forum Frolic / AFL Season 2004

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Hi everyone

Who do you guys think has a big chance of knocking the Lions off their perch and taking out the 2004 AFL premiership?

I would love to get into a healthly debate with some die-hard footy supporters out there!

Fudge111[8D][:P]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

my tip is a bit of an outsider, not many would agree with me but this will be the year of the TIGER. Richmond has recruited well and a season without injuries will put them back high up the ladder. with the competitions best big man in Brad Ottens and best forward in Richardon being aided by the ball getters like Johnson and co, Richmond will be strenghtened by the addition of Nathan Brown a great center player or forward. so i can’t see anyone else up there apart from the Tigers. i feel very strongly this is their year. the feeling is so strong i’d be prepared to put a large sum of money on the tigers, the only thing stopping me is i get this feeling every year about now. last year it lasted till about round 10. by the way the international cricket season hasn’t even started yet, perhaps we are being a bit premature
    regards westan

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

westan, it is never too early to talk about footy, lol.

I agree that Richmond looks good on paper but they do every year, whether they perform is another question.
    HAwthorn looks like the pick of the bunch for me but i spose they are like the tigers, every year you think they are a chance but usually they miss out on finals football. They did well in trade week and i think they could be up there this year.

AS for my team the Bombers, i think they will do quite well next year, this year to be honest i didn’t expect them to make finals, so it was a good performance.

Players that impressed were the lesser likes like Marc Bullen and Haynes who replaced critical gaps in our midfield. Also recruits Cupido and McPhee did rather well for us.

We are further bolstered in the midfield by Mark Alvey and Justin Murphy for next year, and Matthew Allan I can see have a great season in the ruck, so i predict with no injuries essendon is a possible top 4 team next year.

Fudge111[8D]

@westan

hey fudge 111 who is your tip for woodem spoon?
    mine is the bulldogs
    westan

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Mine is Melbourne, they have the worst midfield in the league by far, and they aren’t much better in defence or attack.

At least they got Ben Holland from the tigers as a key defender, ever since Ingerson retired they have really struggled at CHB.

But i still can’t see much for them in the future, i mean they are looking at Ryan Houlihan, don’t ask me why, they need quality 4 quarter players, not players that flash in and out of a match.

Fudge111[:)][:P]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

The Tigers a smokey!! Guys, no way. They are pretenders not contenders. Their gun recruit is a small forward – they can’t even deliver to their tall forward. Another year of heartache for Tiger fans.

It’s put up or shut up time for the Saints this year though – I’d expect them to crack the eight. But my (very biased) opinion is that the Swannies will sweep all before them!

The Tigers have the potential to be a strong BOTTOM four side, and Essendon should hover around 9 or 10.

Another year for the interstate sides I reckon.

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Ok, thids is my vedry early ladder predictions for next year!

SYDNEY
    ADELAIDE
    PORT ADELAIDE
    COLLINGWOOD
    BRISBANE
    ST KILDA
    ESSENDON
    FREMANTLE
    Hawthorn
    Richmond
    Kangaroos
    West Coast
    Western
    Carlton
    Geelong
    Melbourne

There it is, although Melbourne did very well in the draft, i still think they lack in too many areas to be contenders next year

Any of the top 10 may figure in the finals

I think West Coast will drop away a little next season

Carlton will be alot more competitive with almost a completly new team next year

I can’t see where Geelong will win many games from unfortunately

Like ANUBIS, sydney is my pick for the flag, Paul Roos is a great coach, it all started from the moment he took over when he immediately dropped Ricky Mott, a complete dud, and put Adam Goodes in the Ruck, and from there he has built a teaam which i put as wooden spooners last year, to my prediction for the flag in 2004!

Fudge111[:)][:P][;)][^][8D][8)][:O]

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

C’mon Guys, surely there are a few more footy fans out there, i would love to hear your comments on next season!

Fudge111[:)][;)]

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Fudge111,
    Time for Cricket! [^][^]

Fans are there but want to talk about it next season! [:P][:I]

Cheers

[:)]
    PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Someone please give the Victorians something else to talk about! On another thread, someone claims they don’t know what the Bledisloe Cup is!

@westan

rubbachoock

that was me who claimed that, i gather this Bledislow cup must he some cup to do with a minor code of football perhaps rugby union ? i’m suprised people are still interested in Rugby, no one goes to league games anymore. i believe in Sydney everyones watching the sydney swans. i heard there was over 70,000 at a regular game recently (against Collingwood), the combined attendance for a round at all NRL games wouldn’t be that would it ?
    regards westan

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

This isn’t about the age old debate of which code is better… low rugby league crowds… insignificant AFL exposure internationally blah blah blah. I can do that one if you want, but it’s a bit tired and I can’t really afford to do it on my bosses time!

Culturally, Melbourne is the antipodean equivalent of the United States. To a Victorian, if it doesn’t happen in Melbourne then it never happened.

There. Take that up your Yarra.[;)]

@westan

sorry rubberchook

i didn’t realize you’ve been flogged on this debate before.[:P]

hey, you are a bit rough on us Victorians, give us some credit we hear of plenty of stuff that happens outside Melbourne, we get the important stories out of NSW and QLD (the AFL scores from games at the Gabba and Stadium Australia). But apart from the footy scores i hate to admitt i agree with you when you say the action is in Melbourne.[:)]
    regards westan

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

AFL mmmmmm American Football League. Yeah my pick for 2004 mmmmm The Dodgers or even the New York Yankees.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Regards

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Guys,

There is never a time where you can’t talk about footy! What do you want me to talk about, how Australia will beat India 5-0 in the upcoming series, is it a 5 test series?

Fudge111

@westan

hi guys

i agree lets talk cricket, i barrack for Richmond so it was depressing even thinking about Footy, unless i was stiring up some New Zealanders or New South Welshmen.[:)]
    sorry guys
    now cricket, Muppet whose the best cricket nation in the world ?
    westan

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Being a Mighty Blues supporter, I can’t blab too much about how great my team was last year. But after a tumultuous 2003, some interesting and very surprising trades, and a new captain ( if his knee holds up ) we are looking better than we have in the last couple of years.

I am quietly confident that a few surprises are in store for those that think the pride of the Blues has died out.

Ca’rn the Might Blue Boys!!! [:D]

P.S. the indians may have some “better than average[:O]” batsmen, but their bowlers are no match for ours. We will win.

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

I was interested when i read in the paper that since the clash between gillespie and s waugh in 1999 that s waugh had been suffering from constant migranes which were steadily geting worse until late last year when he got his skull looked at and they made some adjustments and now he is fine.

To think all that time when he was out of form and i wanted him to go, he was out there batting with a migrane, i can’t believe him, what a champ!

Fudge111[:)]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.