All Topics / General Property / Is the Redraw Amount Accounted for loan applicatio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

I have the following variable rate home loan
    Original loan amount : $400K
    Current Balance (Oweing) : $300K
    Redraw Available : $100K

When I apply for a home loan, which loan amount should I mention to the bank ($400K, or $300K) ?

One broker said If I say $300K without mentioning the $100K redraw, I will be borrow approximately $100K more. Is it true ?

I thought the bank will find out the actuall balance eventuallly.

What do people think ?

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Probably a good question for a good broker to answer!

In my experience, the banks only care about the principle (not principle minus redraw) – ie the higher of the two amounts. The argument I get is that becuase I can withdraw the redraw at any time they need to consider their worst case.

Perhaps if it was refinanced and you “spent” the redraw amount they may consider the lower of the two.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I think so too, 6X1. I think that the bank will only care what you owe- not the amount of your original loan. Unless you’ve withdrawn that 100k already, then the banks will consider it as equity. Get your house revalued, and you may even have more equity to draw on!

kay henry

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Tell them the truth – always a good policy.

Truth is you have a $100K asset against a $400K liability. If you use a good broker/banker it shouldn’t give you any trouble.

try to fiddle the figures to look better than it is and it will bite you on the bum!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

lenders will want to know the limits of your loans and LOCs as this is what you can potentially bring your loan up to. But it depends on how they ask. Some ask for limits, others ask for loan balances.[;)]

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of 111111111111
    Participant
    @111111

Thnaks Guys. I really appreciate your comments.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.