All Topics / General Property / Anyone recommend an agent in Rockie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Hi, Can anyone recommend an honest real estate agent in Rockhampton? [:)] HG

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

L J Hooker. A lady name Lillian, that i deal up there is very honest.

Details as followed

L J Hooker
    102 Denham Street
    Rockhampton QLD 4700
    07 4922 2244

Email: [email protected]

Ask to speak to Lillian, though the lady is a little unorganise, but she gives very honest opinions.

Other thing too is that, if you are looking for +ve cashflow property in Rockie, you have sorta missed the boat now, unless you wish to put down a small to large deposit.

cheers
    S.I.S

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Lillian’s okay, but there are better ones. I found that Lillian really tried to force properties onto me that I wasn’t interested in.

Paul Markwell from Ray Hoopers is the best by a mile. Logan Brown from Baxter’s is good too. Frank Brady deals with more 11 sec type properties than anyone (on the south side) while Ken Limpus from Allenstown Realty is also good for cheapies. Be very wary about what you’re buying up there at the moment though. I saw a place when I was up there in May/June that was a dump at 50k and allegedly 110 pw rent… the people took it off the market, haven’t done a thing to it, and I was interested to see it’s a “new” listing at 70k. It’s imperative to go there yourself and get a feel for the place, because some sections of town are very very different to others.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Hi Guys, thanks for info, not looking for +ve property, have a friend who is looking to move to the area and I said I might be able to find some good agents for them to contact for finding a ppor for them. HG

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

We have 22 properties in Rockhampton and would recommend Stephen West at Statewide Brokers.

He has found many properties for us all at the lower end of the market and then the wrappees to go with it.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of motivatedmotivated
    @motivated

I found Mark and Louise at Molloys very genuine.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hey Richmond,

lol… im surprise… 2 people who dont know each other but know the same lady.

anyway just wanted to say that.

cheers
    S.I.S

Profile photo of uncivilizeduncivilized
    @uncivilized

Gday richmond

If possible can you gave me a brief overview of the suburbs of Rocky. Which ones are preferred then others. There is a good chance I will buying a property there in the near future, however it is difficult to get a independant view of the suburbs, most agents have there own agenda when recomending what are the better suburbs.
    The couple of houses I have been looking at are in Park avenue and Koongal.
    Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt.

Participant
    @richmond

Hey Matt,

Don’t mean to be a pain in the butt, but a guy called AD did this to me when I started here, and it was very helpful… If you can tell me population trends, industry trends, rental vacancies, other stats etc etc to give me an idea of research you’ve done, then I might help you out.

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of uncivilizeduncivilized
    @uncivilized

Richmond

Rockhamptom – Brief overview

It is a City of some 60,000 people. It is the major city of it’s region. It is on the tropic of Capricornia, and about 30 mins inland from the the Capricornia coast Rockhampton has an airport which is serviced by Qantas and Virgin , with several flights a day.

Capital growth last ten years 1.75% pa
    Projected growth next 5 years 8-10%

Current medium rent $145
    Current medium rental yield 7.01%
    Current medium value $108000

Source – residex- last quarter

I also have data on all sales in postcode 4701 for the last year

Nature of Occupancy

Own – 38.3%
    Purchasing – 23.6%
    Rented from government 4.6%
    Rent privately 27%
    Other – 6.7%

Population – Rockhampton ( projected)

2001- 59301
    2006 – 59314
    2011 – 59349
    2016 – 59390
    2021 – 59451

Medium income $31000

Rockhampton population peaked in 1991 at 60627

Rockhampton region is projected to growth from 98 565 in 2001 to 120 704 in 2021

Current vacancy rate according to hardcourts 4%
    Lj Hooker – more demand for homes , then units, vacancy rate around 2-3%

89.7% of dwellings in rockhampton are houses

Flood prone suburbs depot hill / lakes creek

Industry

Rockhampton region ( central queensland )

– heart of QLD mining
    – beef production
    – cotton
    – agricultural production
    – tourism
    Rockhampton is the major service centre for central qld, with most government headquarters located in rockhampton

Major plant construction in Gladestone to the value of 1billion dollars. Some agents have informed me that Gladestone does not have the capacity to house the 6000 workers and many will travel from Rockhampton each day

Coles supermarket development in Gracemere ( unconfirmed ) which is 10 km from Rockhampton.

This is just some of the research I have done, if I were to type up all the information I had it would take me a couple of hours

Thanks
    Matt

Participant
    @richmond

well played mate, raise your bat… my email’s [email protected] drop me a line.

r

Profile photo of AlwayslearningAlwayslearning
    Participant
    @alwayslearning

quote:

Richmond

Rockhamptom – Brief overview

It is a City of some 60,000 people. It is the major city of it’s region. It is on the tropic of Capricornia, and about 30 mins inland from the the Capricornia coast Rockhampton has an airport which is serviced by Qantas and Virgin , with several flights a day.

Capital growth last ten years 1.75% pa
    Projected growth next 5 years 8-10%

Current medium rent $145
    Current medium rental yield 7.01%
    Current medium value $108000

Source – residex- last quarter

I also have data on all sales in postcode 4701 for the last year

Nature of Occupancy

Own – 38.3%
    Purchasing – 23.6%
    Rented from government 4.6%
    Rent privately 27%
    Other – 6.7%

Population – Rockhampton ( projected)

2001- 59301
    2006 – 59314
    2011 – 59349
    2016 – 59390
    2021 – 59451

Medium income $31000

Rockhampton population peaked in 1991 at 60627

Rockhampton region is projected to growth from 98 565 in 2001 to 120 704 in 2021

Current vacancy rate according to hardcourts 4%
    Lj Hooker – more demand for homes , then units, vacancy rate around 2-3%

89.7% of dwellings in rockhampton are houses

Flood prone suburbs depot hill / lakes creek

Industry

Rockhampton region ( central queensland )

– heart of QLD mining
    – beef production
    – cotton
    – agricultural production
    – tourism
    Rockhampton is the major service centre for central qld, with most government headquarters located in rockhampton

Major plant construction in Gladestone to the value of 1billion dollars. Some agents have informed me that Gladestone does not have the capacity to house the 6000 workers and many will travel from Rockhampton each day

Coles supermarket development in Gracemere ( unconfirmed ) which is 10 km from Rockhampton.

This is just some of the research I have done, if I were to type up all the information I had it would take me a couple of hours

Thanks
    Matt

Appreciated your stats on Rockie having bought 11 properties over last 4 weeks any more info would be gratefully appreciated

Participant
    @richmond

alwayslearning… I just deleted a thread started by you that was advertising for money partners to do some things in Rockhampton… sorry, that’s not allowed according to my interpretation of the site rules…

Also, you say you’ve bought 11 properties in Rocky, yet you say you appreciate the stats matt provided, and that more would be appreciated… it just strikes me that if you’ve spent over a million bucks in one regional city, you’d have done all your due diligence very thoroughly… it strikes me as… well, odd… anyway, if I’ve offended you, sorry.

r

Profile photo of AlwayslearningAlwayslearning
    Participant
    @alwayslearning

I haoopve found that the smaller agents are usually more helpful they take a personal interest in you and offer a personal service i highly reccomend Ray hooper and matt lloyd up there

Profile photo of blacktulipblacktulip
    Participant
    @blacktulip

Hi all,

I was checking out rental properties in Rocky on the net when I came across this forum. Can anyone tell me what’s the reasonable rent for a fully furnished house with airconditioning? I’m moving down there in 3 weeks time and I haven’t found a place to stay! [confused2] Anyone looking for a tenant?

VN

I don’t suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.