All Topics / General Property / Long Distance Property Purchase

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SynergySynergy
    @synergy

I am looking for our 3 IP and have come up with a possiblity that is literally in the opposite corner of our great land. The figures come up good (positive cash flow). My question to all the gurus out there is; if you are going to buy site unseen what questions do you ask the realestate agent and who else do you ask questions of? What are the important things to know about a town you are buying in?

Profile photo of comdomcomdom
    Participant
    @comdom

Never buy sight unseen.[;)]

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Synergy,

There are quite a few investors here who buy sight unseen. The topic has been well covered and you will find it in the treasure chest forum.

Comdom,

Although it is preferable not all investors are able to go and look at each property they want to buy.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

My two current IPs are literally at opposite corners of the nation. See the archives for the types of questions to ask and then find a good solicitor / inspectors / agent etc.

From a distance, quality of these services is more important than a few $$$ savings in price.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.