All Topics / Hotch Potch / Vending Machine

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi All,

Any one got experience with Vending Machines?
    Cheers

[:)]
    PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i have (sort of) i was looking into it a couple of years ago. buying the machines and stocking them is easy enough. the problem came from finding approval to put them in shopping malls etc. by the time i looked into it, they are already everywhere. i’m not saying its a bad idea but i would get a mentor first to find out how to be the first one in with approval.
    sorry its not much help, but its the best i can do[:D]

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hey Propertyguru, you beat me to it…
    I was wondering whether to ask in here if anyone had experience with vending machines.
    There was an add in our local paper for people to buy vending machines and service them. It claimed great returns for 4 to 6 hrs a week.
    After doing a little search on the net, all I could find were pages on vending machine scams, which put me off a little….
    Were you thinking of setting it up yourself or taking over someone else’s?
    Cheers,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Shaun,Sue,

I was thinking about it long time ago. Then again one of my friend want to do it so he was asking about it to me.

Shaun but these companies do every thing I mean they find the site etc one has to just invest only and yes work also for filling etc. This one is very close to my office. http://www.rpvending.com.au
    these people saying even one can start with one Machine.

But not sure if people make profit or not.

Cheers

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

those two words “due diligence” keep coming back to me as I read this thread. Also the phrase that if something looks to good to be true, it usually is. Anything worth getting usually requires hard work and patience.

cheers
    r

@shaunwalker

It does sound too good to be true. would be worth further investigating though. my concerns are:
    they are not doing this for you out of the goodness of their hearts, what are the hidden costs?
    still if you give it a go, would be nice to see what you thought of it.

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day all…

The Machine Vending Scam…

I once had an agency for Vending Machines…short lived… and here is the industries con…

I had sold about 6 machines to individual investors machines that were well located in Canberra. I mentioned to Sydney Head Office that one of the “Investors” would definetely purchase 10 more macines if the 1st one went according to plan regarding revenue.

I was told to make sure that it did… maybe I was a bit slow back then… but I didn’t understand what the meant.

The Scam is that the machines are “salted” just like the gold mines. I was told to “load the coin box” every day for a month. I terminated the Agency and warned the clients. I discovered this practise was widespread in the industry.

Other machines I’d sold the takings dropped from around $100 pw to less than $10pw as the novelty
    of the machines wore off.

Give them a big miss!

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages, Option Writing & Forex. [email protected]

@shaunwalker

As always bill you are a wealth of information.
    cheers
    oh yeah as per that software you are after, am getting it done tonight so will mail it to you tomorrow. sorry it took so long.

Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Bill

quote:

The Scam is that the machines are “salted” just like the gold mines. I was told to “load the coin box” every day for a month. I terminated the Agency and warned the clients. I discovered this practise was widespread in the industry.

[:O][:O]

Is it true for every company who are selling? If this is true then how they are running their biz for so long? And I haven’t seen any current affair program on TV about them [:)]

Thanks all for comments.

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Guru,

Vending machines are big business in Japan, but so is ripping them off. They’re easily damage and the cost of insurance is also a little expensive. Most of the companies who invest use the low to high practice. Many machines for a low turn over on each one. If you have your own entertainment/fun centre and can do the day to day servicing then their good value. Also what line of goods are you thinking of offering? In Japan you can get alcohol, smokes and used school girls panties.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi all,

We have a Coke machine at work. It’s a social club thing. The guy who set it up used to work for Coke, so I guess that helped his resourcing. They pay 50c a can and sell for $1. They have thousands in the kitty apparently. Price a can of coke today, I think they are over $2.

I remember those “tennis game” machines Bill. Great fun as a kid, but not much traffic apart from me using the one in your lounge room, if you recall! The computers in those table style games made the Commodore 64 look state-of-the-art as they say.

Propologist, Shaun, Sue and Richmond are talking about vending though, as in snack machines. A franchisor could still pepper (or salt) a vending machine. But they would have to dispose of the product also, to tally the books and prove stock rotation. My guess is to ensure that the franchisor carries part of the risk, so that it is in both parties interest. I’m not sure that anyone would be game to go into any business today with the intention of creating a false franchise.

Not much help, but the topic is of interest.

Kind regards, Phil

Participant
    @propertyguru

Phil I like your understanding as always..[:)]

quote:

My guess is to ensure that the franchisor carries part of the risk, so that it is in both parties interest. I’m not sure that anyone would be game to go into any business today with the intention of creating a false franchise.

C2 my friend thinking about drinks and chips etc.. But I like the Panties idea May be we can start that here and make big money [;)][;)]

quote:

Also what line of goods are you thinking of offering? In Japan you can get alcohol, smokes and used school girls panties.

Shaun I have emailed you.

Cheers

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi PropertyGure

I currently run a business that is small 20c lolly machines. Very low tech, screwdriver is all you need for maintenance.

The takings from any of my machines is a maximum of about $100 per month, with about 40% (really rough) profit in that. I have 79 machines currently, and whilst not being enough to live off, it ‘profits’ about $1000 per month – most of which I pay to Mum for helping me stock them, and the other money I ‘expense’ in various ways.

I spoke with a guy who was filling the chip machine next to one of mine one day, and he said that a friend of his has a soft drink machine. Can’t remember where it’s located, but he fills it twice a week (couple of hours max) and the profit is $600!! I want just two of them!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Yeah, actually, I saw their stand at some investing expo i went to at darling harbour. i can’t believe I took a brochure and followed it up actually, because it’s so not me. I guess i wanted to test if it could really be as good as they said it was.

So off my friend and I went to an ‘information night’ with RP vending. The returns seemed so good that at that time i thought, ‘why would anyone want to buy property when there are vending machines??? ‘

– seriously!!

however i soo didn’t want to be the vending guy. (they give you uniforms, training, etc) I was gonna do a joint venture with a mate, I’d buy the machines, he’d do the work, we’d split the diff. Didn’t do it in the end – my friend had seen second hand machines for $400 and he didn’t think it would be worth paying several times that for their machines.

however, I thought the RP guy seemed straight up. You buy their vending machines already sited, and they place them within 10 minutes of your residence. Yes you’re right about coca cola and smith crisps or whoever having the best spots, town hall station, the university, and the like.. It’s the locations the giants don’t bother about (20-40 employees) that’s Rp vending’s main niche.

i would recommend going to an information night with them. It’s very interesting, at the least – and you get to have drinks and snacks from the vending machines for free….hehe

i think it’s a good entry-level investment – slash – work for yourself type business for people just starting out.

cheers-
    mini

Keymaster
    @piadmin

You’re a dark horse Mel, good for you.

Cripes .. 0 – 79 lolly machines !!

How do you “wrap” a lolly ?
    Do you resist eating the profits ?
    What if interest rates go up ? LOL
    Talk about positive cash flow !
    Will the banks lend against them ?

When are you going to write a book .. don’t tell me, you already have right ? .. on the shelves next week no doubt ?

Regards, Phil

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Guru,

I prefer used university womens panties and don’t mind collecting them but you have to do all the quality assurance, testing and sampling to make sure their suitable products. Any ideas for locations?

C2
    “Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Participant
    @propertyguru

So Mel and Mini giving postive response for Vending Machine! Thanks for all the advice.

79 lolly Machines Mel This part of your life story you didn’t disclose before so we were write that you are write one chapter every week we got this week chapter. [:)]

quote:

I prefer used university womens panties and don’t mind collecting them but you have to do all the quality assurance, testing and sampling to make sure their suitable products. Any ideas for locations?

yes you are right C2 we will do that we start with Airport and Night Clubs. [:P]

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

How do you “wrap” a lolly ?

Um, I don’t know. If you buy a Mintie you are buying a ‘wrapped’ lolly? My lollies are Skittles, MM’s, MM Peanuts, Jaffas, Jelly Beans, StrongMints, Kool Fuits, Mini Fruits.

Do you resist eating the profits ?

No, but it’s amazing how when you go to the shop and buy a bag of M&M’s, you eat the whole bag (I used to eat 500g bags, but it did take a couple of hours, and yes I did feel quite ill afterwards[:I]), but now, when I have a 10kg box, I can eat a couple and I’m done. Or when filling the machine you ‘have’ [;)] to test that the lollies come out alright, and sometimes you might not really have clean hands (well you do, but it’s a good excuse) and so you can’t put those test ones back, so you have to eat them.

What if interest rates go up ? LOL

No debt in this business. But just make you pay 40c, or $1, and don’t quite give double or 5 times what you would have got for 20c. Then over time, can reduce more, increase profits. Jelly Beans are by far the best earner. 9kg for $28. M&Ms, 10kg for $70. Sell for same price in machine!!

Talk about positive cash flow !

Yes, and lots and lots and lots and lots of HEAVY 20c pieces. Lucky I have always loved counting money. We have to check evey coin, cos my Dad collects them, so we need to keep all Bradmans, and collect the various coins that have State pictures/emblems on them. That’s a pain, but I’ve got used to it.

Will the banks lend against them ?

I have not tried offering them as security, so don’t know. Will add them to my asset column though when the trust looks for finance for properties.

When are you going to write a book .. don’t tell me, you already have right ? .. on the shelves next week no doubt ?

I’m just going to print out all my posts on this website, and call it ‘PropertyInvesting.Com’ by Ms Melbear

There will be a chapter called ‘Specifically Property’, ‘General Investing’, ‘Vendor Finance/Wrap’ – this will be a short one as I read but don’t post much there, etc.

For my friend Jaffasoft, I will also create a chapter called ‘Mr Melbear harassment of poor little Jaffasoft’ – this will also be a very short chapter, but my co contributors will cause people to laugh as I did[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Mel.com,

The paranoid schizophrenics may be better suited at the end of your book under the chapter “Tenant’s From Hell”.

Steve may have an issue with copyrite however. LOL

Seeya, Phil

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Vending Machine’ is closed to new replies.