All Topics / General Property / who plans to buy in the next month ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi all

i’m interested to see how many of you guys are planning to buy in Australia in the next month. are there still people out there looking or has everyone got the jitters and quit?
    i’ll start i am not actively looking and don’t expect to buy.

westan

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

As with most on this forum, I am always looking but have not found very much in the last 2 years that deserves to be bought. Right now must be the worst time to buy. Rates should rise again in December and if rates continue to increase next year by about 2% then there will be some people who will have to sell and they will probably have fierce competition from other sellers. This will cause them to drop their price and that is when prices should start getting back to where they should be and I will be there to buy at that time.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

westan,

Just got approval for finance today :o) I’m buying a place i’ve been wanting for ages. Another IP for me!!

kay henry

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi westan…

Nope, not looking to buy, mainly cos we’ve got our wedding on December 13th to pay for… after that, we’re going to do a little face lift to our place down the coast… sell it, pay out the mortgage on our PPOR which is worth around the 400-450k mark (bought the coast place for 170k three years ago, now worth 370-380k)… have about 50k left over after that and will probably invest that conservatively, get the LOC boosted and in position, then sit back, keep saving like a b@@tard, and wait for some gentle price falls… I’ll still have a quiet look around, but won’t be buying in a big hurry without lots of homework. Selling the coast place and losing the mortgage on the PPOR is about the same as one of us getting a 60k payrise if we maintained the status quo. We’ll be able to devote a minimum of about 55k per year to investing if we do this… ($1300 per week if we really want to have a crack)

We’re also going to start on the kids front in the next 18 months, so it’ll be lovely not having a mortgage to pay for…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Westan,

In two words .. no way. Jitters might not be the word, but more along the lines of what Richmond said .. take a quiet look. That is, keep an eye on the market continually. My bet is no buying until at least 6 months after the next interest rate rise. Wait for the flood and perhaps diversify in the mean time.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Still actively looking at a couple of areas and if the right place came up would buy. Hoping that some of the heat has come out of the market and that sellers will have more realistic ideas on prices. HG

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Yes I’m planning to buy in the next month, just waiting on the pre-approval. I have a plan of a couple a year and the highs and lows will even out over the long run so refuse to wait “just in case….”. If prices do go down in six months then i’ll be ready for the next one anyway and will have made 6 months of rental yield on this one during that time. Let’s just hope that finance pre-approval comes through so I can follow through with the plan. Good luck to everyone else regardless of whether your buying or waiting.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Westan,

Yeah, we’re still in!! – BUT CAUTIOUSLY….

We have put an offer on a house in a town called @@t%$^a. Did you get that [?][?]

Richmond,Your life sounds exciting…..Keep us informed on the wedding goss!!!

PS… Haven’t received our invite yet… Post slow?

Bye,[:X]

Del

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

I am in the process of buying a property, but not for IP, but to live in. Can’t wait for a back yard! [:D]

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi guys,

im buying next month actually, i have settlement for 2 properties tomorrow. Though many of you may have your reason not to buy, but i believe if you can still find a passive income property even at these high interest rates, then there should be no reason, to miss out on a great opportunity.

Though im not looking for any -ve geared properites at the moment, if i find a Hot Property, i will take the chances on it. (though this has to be a really hot property).

cheers

S.I.S

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Comgratulations kay!
    So, how many IPs have you got by now?[:)]

Mind you I’ve got my restructured loan for my 1st IP also approved today.[;)] and ready for settlement early January.
    Max. LOC worked out, and now just wait and see what happened in the coming year.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hmmm, the postal service between Kilmore and Gippsland must be struggling again…

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

Always looking always keen. The agents know what my paramaters are and I am probably going to put a deposit on two blocks of land that I regard as “strategic” holdings in the town where my business is in the morning!

The deals will only get better! Cash is king!!!!

Profile photo of kkowalskkkowalsk
    @kkowalsk

My partner and I recently purchased… of course it doesnt count as its our first home, not IP. It will howveer become an IP in 3-4 years when we move into a bigger place when we have kids, and rent this one out.

IMO, if you’re not going after capital growth, but want the rental income, who cares what the market is doing? Shrewd property investors will be in a very good position in the next few years as the exodus to the share market gains momentum.

Profile photo of MonkeyMagicMonkeyMagic
    @monkeymagic

Hopefully I’ll have saved up a bit of a deposit over the next year or so so I might buy then. Meanwhile I’m having too much fun in the stockmarket.

Josh

Profile photo of MonkeyMagicMonkeyMagic
    @monkeymagic

Hopefully I’ll have saved up a bit of a deposit over the next year or so so I might buy then. Meanwhile I’m having too much fun in the stockmarket.

Josh

Profile photo of MikeRobinsonMikeRobinson
    @mikerobinson

I remember paying 22% in 1988 for a business loan to purchase a hotel-motel.Hurt like hell paying it back but I still came out on top.Somehow the current interest rates haven’t scared me off at all.The old story still rings true,do the sums and you should be fine.Happy investing,Mike.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Props :o)

That’s 3 IP’s!! yay for me :) I know it’s only a few (more like a “petitfolio”) but it makes me very happy!

kay henry

PS Saw another post about henry kaye going down and couldn’t help but think it was me!

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

quote:

i’m interested to see how many of you guys are planning to buy in Australia in the next month

Not me… the eyes are still open, i guess it would just have to be a pretty good deal though… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Josh,

Would you care to start a new topic under “General Investing”? Provided that we talk in general terms, we should not be locked out.

I would be keen to hear about the fun you are having in the stock market.

Kind regards, Phil

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.