All Topics / General Property / The one that got away……

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Ever decide to not buy a property and regret it later? We were looking for a weekender close to us near the seaside and came across a property in 2000 – absolute beachfront 1/2 acre almost with an “a” frame house on it at the end of a rd in a totally peaceful setting – opposite nelson bay in the port stephens area – asking price 250,000 – we did buy elsewhere for 100,000 less and have had huge returns on the 3 bed townhouse we bought in a seaside location but that property must be worth over 1 million now, sigh [:I] hindsight the most wonderful thing! So what did you guys pass on and regret later? HG

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

My parents place in ’99. Huge 5 bedroom 48sq two storey place in a nice suburb in Sydneys south west… Inground pool, seperate fully self contained granny flat (easy $140p/wk income) it’s got everything – i could have had it for 285k. At the time my parents were asking 335k through an agent and it never sold. I couldn’t quite afford it as i had a vacant block of land plus a house at the time. They never sold and it’s now worth 600+… Ahh well, maybe next time… [:)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

My neighbours’ place.
    My neighbours bought it a year ago for $227K. We were thinking of buying it but the rental yield was low so we decided not to.

Only just a year later it was sold again, for $290K. In just one year we could have ‘made’ $63K- a nice amount of equity to take out for a deposit on another property! [B)]
    Plus we could have subdivided the land- to add a strip to our land to turn our single driveway into a double one. There would have been plenty of land left and rent wouldn’t have had to suffer!

Profile photo of coreyJcoreyJ
    Participant
    @coreyj

Feb 03 could of brought 1 acre huge double brick home centre of town 30 klms north of brisbane pop 4o,ooo plus cost then $220k cost now $375k may 02&1/2 acre property averege house 25klms north of brisbane $i85k then now $300k was renting at time could not get the money to buy SPEWING![xx(]

Profile photo of robynhoodrobynhood
    @robynhood

At the beginning of this year I was offered 20ac
    on the edge of town about 1/2 in 1:100 year flood
    for 1.2m. After several discouraging meetings with council and lack of energy to raise funds, decided to pass. Property sold at Auction 2 months latter for 2m. Now Hubby won’t let up.

Regards Joy

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

waiheke island for 100K in January, would be worth 250K now. No bull. 127 percent capital gains were documented in the last year, but in the bottom of the market the capital gain has been even higher.

foxton for 58K at that price CF+ve, would be worth 80 now

je ne regrette rien….

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

Well, she was Blonde and with a fig

Sorry wrong Forum

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages, Option Writing & Forex. [email protected]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Any number of 2 bed units in Queanbeyan three years ago. Selling for $33-$50K. Had cash, didn’t bother pursuing. Now selling for upwards of $140K and just under $200K mark. Not happy Jan!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Back in the late 80’s and investment opportunity with the man from “if you never never go you will never never know”. The place is now called ‘Dundee’ in the NT.

For my father it was the time he tried to borrow 50 pounds from each of his brothers for a place that is now known as Chirnside Park in Melbourne.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of rocket2rocket2
    @rocket2

Boomerang beach, Pacific Palms, 2 bed. unit, absolute beachfront with views to match! Looked at buying it in 2000 for 220000, decided against because of low yeild. It has just come back on the market at $750000!! Rocket.

Profile photo of riffraffriffraff
    @riffraff

Little place in Brisbane that I found in 2000 after looking for ages, listed at 55000 renting for $130 per week to old lady. now worth 170k and old lady still there.

Put offer in but walked away when it was turned down… should have just paid the asking price and shut up.

I kick myself for that one all the time. I would now have 2 ip’s, both cash+ and nearly 250k in equity which would be a great platform for a novice such as me.

What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.