All Topics / Forum Frolic / Computer Gurus I need help

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

quote:

Ok, i’ll rephrase it – Jaffasoft, in case you hadn’t noticed this forum is for people interested in property investing…. My niece tells me Hi-5 have a great interactive website, perhaps that would be more appropriate for you to join ??

Fatboy they have a nice McDonalds store for you to go too. You regular attention seekers in the site get to be a bit of a bore. Esp when you follow each other around in a pack to offend people. Why don’t you’s get a life sometimes its good to here what other people have to say. Theres always the regular attention seekers in any forum.

Melbear you have been following me around and harrasing me with your personal vendetta. But you don’t like it when you get it back. And plead the ohhhh Mr Innocent. You have been judgemental from the start when i entered this site. All you’s do is judge people and form your own opinions and they have been completly wrong. You’s were completely wrong you dim witted fools. And you expect me to take your advice in the property investing game.

Its seems to be the truth that you guys dont like. Well if you don’t like it, get out , but dont follow me around harrasing me in the forum threads with your judgemental attitudes.

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Hi, thanks for the carefully considered response.
    If you can cast your mind back a week or so (i know you’ll struggle but just try it [:)] ) you may remember having a shot at well respected members of the forum – not a real good way to start here was it ?? (Of course i’d like to point out that i can’t quote your original posts as they were so pathetic you actually went back and deleted them).

Ok, enough sugar coating, off you go, your village is calling – apparently their idiot is missing… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Geez I’d have thought Melbear would be the least likely stalker and personal attacker. Very helpful individual.

Jaffa – hello pot, this is the kettle, you’re black.

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Woooweee….
    Could someone please turn on the airconditioning….it’s getting a little hot in here

Sue[:)]

P.S. Mel, keep up the good work [8D]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Mel,

Just back from a short holiday in Victoria.

I was surprised to see you actually seeking help here. Then look what you did, in your usual style you found your own solution! I’m proud to know you kid and I value your street-learned input for what it is. Please don’t hold back from answering questions, as others have asked questions which were on my mind and you have more than often delivered sound advice. Those of us who read your words know that you are the difference between talking about something and actually having the experience to share for our benefit. This is very much appreciated, please keep it up.

In appreciation, Phil

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Mel,

One thing about departmental bosses or managers is that there is always someone looking at them.

Like Paul I onced worked in a department that suited my purposes to a tee. Then along came a new Supt who was determined to have everyone work and think his way. He also had a short list of people who he didn’t want in his department, and you guessed it I was one of them. After about 6 months he had successfully got rid of 70% of the staff and seconded all the yes men he could find. From his short list there was only 2 of us left. He first tried to give me as much O/Time as he could, because he knew I didn’t want to do any. How I changed his thinking on the O/T was by telling him I didn’t realise we could earn so much extra money and now I didn’t want to transfer and look for a higher paid position, plus the extra hours of service makes compulsory promotion quicker. You guess it again, the next week back on to the absolute bare amount of hours that he was allowed under the regulations to give ( this is what I wanted). The last thing he wanted was for me to stay, make more money and get promoted.

He was very good at playing workers off against each other. His theory was disharmony amongst the workers makes the boss stronger. When ever someone stuffed up there was always someone ready to tell him and score a few brownie points. The result of this was low morale and support amongst the workers in this department and the word eventually spread to other departments and to his superiors.

After a minor incident between 2 of the workers an evaluation of his performance came under way and he was asked to step down. I was offered the position until a suitable replacement could be found, but declined.

So like Paul said sometimes you just need to stick it out.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi C2,

I just love the psychology of your story. Yet you ended up playing the boss against his own approach of “divide and conquer”. Fantastic.

I had a similar experience, although it took us 10 years to see the end of our boss, asked to resign mind you.

My new boss is approachable, knowledgeable, experienced in lots of areas hands-on, understands the mechanics of how things happen .. he even verbalised my own thoughts in saying “you guys run the operation”. I could not help but to agree with him of course. I told him how I picked up immediately how smart he was in realising that he simply had to be a manager of people. What a difference now, morale is much better, and I can even feel the team spirit coming back. This guy sends us humorous e-mails. He’s smart, and he knows how to relate with people. He even gave us a bottle of wine each in appreciation of us achieving better than target on a particular project.

It doesn’t take much, just appreciation and people will give 110% in support.

It’s good stuff and everyone wins. I look forward to going to work.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day LuckyPhil…

Just want you to know that I’m pleased ……..”my little girl” Chanelle is in good hands. Are you aware that she rings me up with …….
    “Phil didn’t come home last night”?

AND

“I’m sure he wouldn’t eat if I didn’t cook”!

She’s happy there mate…………. Thanks

Don’t tell her I told you………

Your Brother Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages, Option Writing & Forex. [email protected]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Bill,

Well, it’s near 0140 and she isn’t home yet. A planned night out though, I’m sure she’s OK.

I’m going to bed.

Kind regards from the Favourite Uncle of course.

Phil

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Phil,

10 Ys!! Mine was only about 18 months and I thought that was too long.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey C2

I think you and all the other guys have valid points. I have used that strateg before – although it was only a matter of killing time – my boss was a Navy witch (old, not highly ranked officer, bitter, a second wife, and just generally a kind of person). I only had to wait 18 months and she moved on. At that point I was in a place where I loved what I did and the majority of the people round me. Oh yeah, the boss was not happy that I knew more than her.

In the public service (I only know Defence, which I believe is a very bad example of the public service anyway), no, I’ll say in Defence, if you are a screwup, then the only way you move on is if your boss gives you a glowing recommendation/reference and you get promoted out of there.

It takes at least 6 months to sack someone, and you have to cross every t and dot every i, and even then the decision maker (who has NOTHING to do with your workplace) may just say No anyway.

I was ready to move on anyway, (and only really liked about 4 of the 30 odd who worked with me), just biding my time, when we had a new supervisor ‘appointed’ (don’t get me started on how that happened), and he got ‘in my face’ from day one. Let’s just say I got hauled in by the boss because I hung up on this turkey cos I thought that he and I had more things to worry about (while he was in Melbourne and I in Canberra) than whether or not I had filled in my list of ‘goals’ for the coming year. The big boss thought the sun shone out of this git, and it’s only now, 8 months later, that he’s even listening to the rest of the section who are telling him what I told him 8-9 months ago. I still think he’ll choose to disregard.

The most fun and the hardest I think I ever worked was when I only earnt $25K per year, but had a group of guys working with me that used to form an awesome social group outside of work as well. I really miss that, and guess that’s the other reason I’m not willing to wait out the new guy this time round. Besides, he gets paid so much for so little, that he’s got no intention of going anywhere, and Navy guys have even less idea how to get rid of a public servant than do the public servants!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of NamasteNamaste
    @namaste

I have found that in the public service the slackers generally get promoted. I think there are 2 reasons for this.

Reason 1 is that their boss is sick to death of them and because the public service is so adverse to sacking people the only way of getting rid of the dead weight is to promote them somewhere else.

Reason 2 is that a lot of management don’t like having people around them who know more than they do (and often this is not hard). So they promote the losers up to their level so they never feel threatened.

Sorry I’m not normally this negative but this is something that has given me years of frustration.

So Mel maybe you could slack off and get promoted to another department with a better boss? [;)]

Regards,
    Namasté

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.