All Topics / General Property / Property Inspection recommendation?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of u9026au9026a
    @u9026a

I am about to settle on an apartment at the Flinders Wharf development in Melbourne and am looking for a good property inspection company. Any unbiased recommendations would be most welcome. I never thought of having an inspection on a brand new propertry until I saw a report on one here in Sydney, it was a real shocker.

Thanks
    Steve

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi steve,
    I cant help with any info regarding a property inspection company,
    But I would sugest you get a Quantity surveyor to look over the property.
    regards Steven.

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph: 0402483216

Profile photo of u9026au9026a
    @u9026a

Thanks Steven, I am more than a little surprised that apparently no-one in Melbourne has property inspections before buying!

Why a quantity surveyor? I already have a full depreciation schedule if that is what you are referring to. Perhaps you could explain your reasons?

Thanks
    Steve

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Steve,
    A Quantatity surveyor will inspect the property and write a full depreciation schedule,
    It seems like you allready have this under control,
    Regards Steven.

[email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au
    Ph: 0402483216

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Had friends who were told not to bother with a pest inspection on a new apartment – turned out to have a termite problem.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Hi Simon,
    it’s not in a highrise building, is it?
    Have you received my email I send yesterday?

Profile photo of noddiesnoddies
    @noddies

hi 9026a[:)]

I would urgently suggest you obtain your own valuation before proceeding any further.Also you could well be advised to do your due dillegance on the oversupply, low yeilds and high vacancy rates in regard to this type of investment

@noddies

Hi Prop16[:)]
    I have just checked it out on the internet and it is a high rise on the Yarra River.
    As such I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone.
    Regards

Bryce Inglis
    [email protected]
    http://www.ipal.com.au

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Prop16,

I didn’t get an email yesterday….can you resend it please.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@prop16
    Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Steve

I suggest you definitely get a full building inspection report done. Buildings these days are not to the same standards as they used to be. You have 90 days I think on the warranty period, but if you can get the builder to fix any problems you identify pre settlement you’ll be doing much better.

Also, I hope you have a good solicitor. One unit we bought was a really bad finish, but our solicitors said that we had to settle (at great cost to us), and the kitchen was not even finished. the splashback was against the dining room wall The bathroom door didn’t have a handle, and one of the wardrobe doors handles was lying on the floor – with the door firmly shut.

This was a brand new place! We used a build inspector, who identified about three pages of problems, but in the end it didn’t do us much good. We now have an excellent solicitor, but it was an expensive lesson.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Hey mel
    can you bring info on your solicitor saturday, i am in desperate need of a good one.
    thanks

@u9026a

Thanks Guys, every piece of info I didn’t need or ask for except for the name of a good building inspector. Doh!!

Noddies, I wasn’t looking for your “recommendation” before buying this apartment and I think your “oh no, it’s a high-rise” attitude needs to be qualified before lumping every development together in the same basket. A bit more homework wouldn’t go amiss.

Steve

@prop16

Steve,

check out this link:
    http://www.domain.com.au/general/display.aspx?id=HPFactSheets&mode=tvfacts

There’s a topic re Property Inspection. Hope it’ll help you.

@noddies

Hi u9026a

Try McQuarie Property Inspections, 03 9663 9900.
    Good Luck with your purchase.

I think your “oh no, it’s a high-rise” attitude needs to be qualified before lumping every development together in the same basket. A bit more homework wouldn’t go amiss.

1/ Melbourne is my home town.
    2/ My occupation is a property and investment consultant.
    3/ All information is qualified thru solid research available to us.

Regards
    Bryce Inglis
    [email protected]
    http://www.ipal.com.au

@u9026a

Thanks Guys

Noddies, sorry if I caused offence but I can only respond to what is written here and when I read statements like “I have just checked it out on the internet and it is a high rise on the Yarra River. As such I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone”, this doesn’t sound to me like a statement backed up by “solid research…”.

If your occupation is a “property and investment consultant” I am rather surprised you had to look this development up on the Internet. Back to my original point I think…

Sorry, but the world is full of “experts”.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.