All Topics / General Property / Holiday Homes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Does anyone have any ideas on finding out the true vacancy rate for holiday/beach homes. I don’t know the agent well enough to trust what I am being told so would like another way of clarifying how often the unit is vacant during an average year.

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Hi Purple Kiss,

I dont actually know the answer but ask him to back up his statements. Who takes the bookings for the holiday rental and ask to see the books.
    Ask if there is any paperwork relating to previous bookings.

If christmas is a peak season are there bookings for now, what was last year like, what is the down season, what plan do they have to advertise the down season?

I personally wouldnt gp into holiday homes as it would be too inconsistent for me, but good luck to you.

cheers, sunshine

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for your ideas, aprreciated.

We haven’t gone into holiday homes in the past either for the same reasons however, if what the agent is saying is true then this one may have some merit which is why I asked the question. Intend to follow up with a couple of your ideas and see what pans out.

Thanks again
    Judy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.