All Topics / General Property / Darwin to Melbourne Railraod?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Chriso2Chriso2
    Participant
    @chriso2

Does anybody know anything about a proposed new rail road line from Darwin to Melbourne? I filmed a few Politicians raving on about it over two years ago! It was a huge meeting with engineers and press. If we could track the proposed root – if any; what a potential for property booms!

Chriso

Profile photo of Jake_HeinemannJake_Heinemann
    @jake_heinemann

i havent heard about this before. where are some cheap real estate areas on the outskirts of melbourne?

=======================================================
    “Your Profit is made when you buy… not when you sell” (Rich Dad)

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi guys

chriso perhaps you are thinking about the adelaide to darwin railroad which is currently underway ?
    this will link Melb to Darwin.
    westan

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

sorry one other thing
    Port Augusta will be the link between east/west and north /south, i was looking at buying 2 years ago there because of this project but got busy with others. One steel got the steel contract and it was great for there share price. chriso i’ve been using the stategy of following major development both here and overseas and it has worked very well, keep up the reseach. one area i’ve bought in was millicent in SA and Hamilton Vic because of their individual projects but prices have already doubled since i bought, i’m on to some good ones overseas but can’t share sorry. check out my comments about Mildura
    regards westan

Profile photo of Chriso2Chriso2
    Participant
    @chriso2

Thanks Westan, That link must be the one I’ve heard about – thanks for the advice. I have read your comments on mildura, and am glad to hear that such strategy does actually work (:

Chriso

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

revenue trains start running on the link early 2004

Profile photo of peterppeterp
    @peterp

I also remember talk of a Melb – Brisbane freight route through inland NSW, Vic & Qld to take pressure off Sydney about 2 years ago. And talk of all the industry that would magically spring up at country towns along the way.

But there’s already heaps of country towns that have good rail access, but that is not stopping their population decline.

Railways have a history of being talked about and never being built. There is also rhetoric about how good it is to shift freight from road to rail, but government spending is biased towards roads while the rail system suffers due to poor maintenance with numerous speed restrictions, so most of this is just empty talk.

In the case of Adelaide – Darwin the main station at Darwin will be 20km outside town and there will only be about one train a week so the tourist benefits of this link have been oversold IMHO. But the freight part could have potential if it brings jobs to Darwin.

Regards, Peter

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

The railway network is mainly designed for freight. The number of people carried on them is minimal. For instance there are two trains a day between Sydney and Melbourne that carry less passengers than one 767 that flies between the cities.

If there is a harvest expect to see between six to 9 grain trains a day carrying a payload of some 2000 tonnes of wheat each from the Riverina to either Port Kembla in NSW or Appleton Dock in Melbourne.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.