All Topics / Opinionated! / Shaun Walker. Everyone else please ignore post.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Shaun,

Please e-mail.

Some info to share with you, but I have no contact details.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

sorry Phil

i couldn’t help myself and had to have a sneak at your private message[:P]
    regards westan

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Me too! Me too! I noticed 8 people had read it already, and as I just click next post, I was bound to read it anyway, so now I’ll add to it.

Hi Phil, Hi Westan – Shaun, hurry up and read the post!

Cheers
    Mel

@westan

mel

you have no right to be reading this message.
    the fact that you have contibuted to the thread will just needlessly attract more people to read it. the more that look the more will be drawn to look, sorta like a crowd attracts a crowd.
    whats the bet that by tomorrow night 25 will have peeked at it.[:O]
    regards westan

@melbear

Easily that many. I looked back in to see what you had written.[:P]

LuckyPhil should pop in (or Shaun if he gets round to it) and tell us off for reading his message, and now that you’ve started replying, and I followed suit, there may be some other people post some kind words too![:O][;)]

Cheers
    Mel

@westan

hey mel

this is a bit off the topic (sorry Shaun), i know you are a regular contributor but we haven’t really met, whats your interest in property? where do you own, are you a buyer /seller/holder, whats your investment strategy ?
    are you a bloke or a chick? i’m amazed how many girls are into this property stuff. once upon a time it was a males domain, no more.
    bye westan

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Westan,

Neither of the terms “chick” nor “bloke” are apt descriptions of Mel. She is a lady with a great sense of humour and acumen.

Anyhow, great to get 8 replies to a post meant for one.

On that point I must digress and share this with you, considering that you have posted. (Makes the time pass as we await the respondent of the intended message!) I was taught by Catholic nuns when I was in primary school. One teaching sister suggested that the only way to get us to read the bible was to mark it with “Only for those over 18 years of age”.

I reckon she was right. Perhaps she would have made for a great Moderator!

Seeya, Phil

@westan

hi shaun, mel, phil and everone else.

sorry mel for that one about being a chick[:I], i spend too much time with teenagers.
    hey phil what did you want shaun for anyway?
    westan

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi again Westan,

I wanted to tell Shaun .. hhmmm .. some inside info. Can’t really say here.

Gotta keep it small talk for now .. Renee should be back in here next week, if the Doc’s give him the all clear. We miss Pauline’s weekly visits. Tried to teach her the 11 second rule, but all she keeps asking is “Please explain”.

Gotta go, the screws are about to turn off the generator.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Phil…

The reason you can’t get Shaun is that after his disciplined military experienced, he’s joined the Public Sevice ATO in Canberra.

He told me the other day that he can’t get used to the free time and is getting sick of computer games.

He said that the other day nobody woke him at knock off time and as a result got locked in for the night. He was pleased to get the overtime in his next fortnightly paypacket… probably got locked in again tonight and come Monday he’ll more than likely claim another 48 hourd overtime.

As his coach… I do not condone this behaviour.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

@melbear

Bill, I can’t believe you of all people have jumped in on this post. I rated you so much more highly than that[:P]. And I don’t care about your excuses that you may be related to LuckyPhil and have had some secret dealings with Shaun – it’s just not on!![;)] LOL

Hi Westan, apology accepted but not necessary (although LuckyPhil does look after me well[:)])

I sort of ‘fell’ into the property game when I was 19, and my grandparents were splitting (after 51 years – unbelievable, but I digress). Grandma was in a nursing home, and I didn’t want them to have to sell their little townhouse, so I asked if I could buy Grandad’s share. At about the same time I attended a seminar where Jan Somers presented, and got two tier marketed by the company that brought her to Canberra.

As a result of negative equity, and complete lack of knowledge, it took me another 5 years til I was talking to a bank manager who told me that I could easily borrow another couple of hundred thousand. So I told him ‘I’ll be back’ and managed to buy a townhouse after auction (deceased estate) for $25K under val (in 1999).

Since then I’ve got smarter (although I’ve learnt some really expensive lessons), and spent a lot of money on education – and read just about every book I can find (I hate going into Dymocks cos I always spend money).

I don’t like to sell if I can help it, but we’ve sold some properties that we bought off the plan (and listened to dodgy brokers, and had bad solicitors) and were really badly finished, and because of things that had happened, tied up ALL and MORE of our cash. So we had them tidied up, and managed to sell some of them for a small profit, but with the equity we got back, we paid off the friends that had lent us the money to get us out of the massive crater we found ourselves in.

At the moment I’m ‘consolidating’ and getting all props revalued, and borrowing up to 80% on as many as the banks will let me, and then holding that cash in a LOC. This will help to cover any expenses (we’re now negatively geared thanks to recent purchases that were expensive, have had awesome growth, but poor rentals), and also enable us to jump back in when prices are better.

I own mostly in Canberra, except for my two tier marketed QLD property (which I kept, and is now worth as much as we paid for it – 10 years on!).

I was interested in NZ two years ago, but never made it across there, so I’m not sure if that opportunity has passed me by. The main strategy now is to buy cashflow positive properties, so that I don’t have to work, but again, that may have to be put on hold for a couple of years until rents start to catch up with the values again.

That’s pretty much my story, without going into TOO many gory details.[:I]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Sorry guys i couldnt resist to not read your private messages. Interesting story Melbear (sorry to read that too, but i couldnt resist either), how old are you by the way? you sound like your in your late 20’s, but congratulations on purchasing your first property at age 19! Well done!

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Bill,

I reckon you’re right, again!

I posted just to make contact with Shaun and we end up with Mel’s life story. Bloody hell.

And still no sign of Shaun.

Have you totalled up the rentals in today’s paper yet?

Regards, Phil

@melbear

How rude LuckyPhil, I happen to like my life story (well, some of it, but it’s mine!), and Westan did ask me about it.

Hey, it wasn’t my life story anyway – just my investing story. If you want my life story, I could start it off for you…..

Born 25 Feb 75 (that’s a couple of months away, so you can start saving for my present now) in the royal Canberra Hospital (that’s the one they imploded externally) at xxxx (no idea of time), xlb, xxcm …….
    Do you want me to go on?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Okay, okay
    It appears the nuns were right, I just couldn’t ignore this post [:I]
    And Mel please go on with the story….

Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Mel,

My sincere apologies for my momentary lapse of attention to your rivetting story.

Do go on .. tell us more about the implosion. I was born in the same hospital a few short years prior to your arrival there. I took photos of the implosion that went wrong, as bits of the building exploded into the lake.

Remember Katie Bender?

Kind regards, Phil

@melbear

Yep, sure do LuckyPhil.

My Dad is doing some work in the AFP’s property office at the moment – that’s where all the lost/stolen property ends up. He’s found some amazing stuff there.

He said a couple of days ago that all the rocks and other stuff (flying implements and things) that they collected to do with that inquiry were still in the office – it’s really quite sad.

A female (couldn’t say lady about this one!) that I worked with at the time was in a boat on the lake, and they had to jump into the water to get out of the way of some of the debris.

Thanks for the encouragement Sue, but I’m afraid my early life was fairly unexciting, except that I didn’t listen to my parents, and got sunburnt (very fair skin) and got blisters, and then got sunburnt on the blisters, and poor Mum got in so much strife from the Dr for not keeping me out of the sun, and I’ve got the freckles to show for it!! I also managed to knock myself unconscious a couple of times (one time Mum reckoned I stood on the back of a cane chair, and pulled the iron onto my head, but I don’t believe her – I am MUCH too intelligent to do that[:O]), and another time I rode my BMX (did I mention i was a tomboy?) down a curb whilst holding a tennsi ball, so not a very good grip. I think I whacked my head on the kerb (HOW do you spell it?). About 7 hours waiting at the hospital – my poor folks, at least I slept through it!

Hmmm, so much for not going into my life story[}:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Just a few points to make.

1. I see the Forum Fun has moved to the main board.

2. I’ve had my laugh for the day.

3.The Australian Calvary is charging around NZ at the moment looking at all the bargains.

4. And finally the All Blacks by 116 points tonite.

Regards

@melbear

Muppet, I thought your cricketers were called the Black Caps (?). You are talking about them beating India for a chance to play Australia in the finals aren’t you?[;)]

Oh, I think you might mean the Rugby team.[:(]

It’s not my fault, it was like that when I got here!

Hey Phil, 94 reads, and still no sign of Shaun!![^]

Cheers
    Mel

@westan

hi all

thats what i love about this forum you never know where a conversation is going to go. mel thanks for the story extremely enthralling, maybe you could start a chapter each week just to keep up coming back for more. have you thought about a mini series or just go straight to the Big screen. i especially enjoyed the sunburn part, i can see the special effects now, the color the sound of you scream, its wonderful.
    seriuosly now, well done you have created quite a portfolio in a few short years, congatulations. Mel in one of your other posts you said all your loans are variable, do you think it would be worth looking at fixing some?
    regards westan
    westan

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.