All Topics / General Property / Question regarding 2 types of IP’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of NamasteNamaste
    @namaste

Hi all.

I have the opportunity to buy either a fully serviced apartment in a hotel complex, a small block of units and/or 2 small shops with warehouses attached. All appear at first glance to meet the 11ss and CoCR criteria.

I have no experience with these types of IP’s. Previously I have only purchased a strata-titled unit and houses. I would appreciate any advice on what might be issues to check out with these types of investments.

Thanks in advance.
    Namaste – “God in me recognises God in you”

Profile photo of mendermender
    @mender

Dear Namaste,

It is great to find a couple of properties that both passes the 11 ss. The two shops with warehouse may be worth considering because of the possibility of bringing you a higher CoCR. Outgoing expenses like rates and water are paid for by the tenants. Compare the sums on both properties.

Refer to Steve’s book 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 years, page 86, on a similar experience. This probably answers your question best.

God bless,

mender

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Namaste,

Serviced apartments – beware of high mgmt costs and the fact they can be a difficult investment to make a capital gain on and to actually on-sell.

Commercial – Remember that vacancy factor can be much higher in commercial properties so make sure you aren’t rent reliant to meet repayments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.