Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ProjectProject
    @project

Hi,
    I am new to this board, nice to meet you all. It is good to finally meet a crew that think alike. Apart from the slight delay this web site offers, all is good (I am on cable bigpond by the way). Just a quick warm up question as I ease my self into this board… is there a real potential market out there for residential property below 80k and still be in positive territory?
    Thanks,
    Actube.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hi Actube

Welcome to the forum, great to have you on boeard.

Of course you have asked the million dollar question, actually I have purchased 3 in the last 5 months one just last week. They are still around … but much harder to find these days as everyone has now heard about it (thanks Steve!).

Feel free to ask all of your questions here as we are all happy to help you. Also the site has got a search function that holds a wealth of knowledge, actually more than a wealth of knowledge, so use it to research your questions and if you don’t get your answer then post them here.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of ProjectProject
    @project

Thanks for that, that is a much better idea. Great help, ta.

Steve.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi actube

welcome to the forum,
    i’d like to add to what leigh said.
    yes there are deals out there, i know because i’ve sold a few properties under 80k in the past few months. But it is getting very difficult to find ones that are making the 11 sec rule. personally i like a return better than the 11 sec rule so i have stopped buying in Victoria where i live, as i can’t find properties that meet my criteria. this does not mean that there aren’t good deals around, there are, you just need to work harder to find and get them.
    regards westan

@project
    Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi Actube,

Welcome to the forum. I spent about an hour on the net last night, realestate.com and found a few properties under $80,000 and as some of the other properties in the area stated what the rental return would be, I would have a reasonable idea even though it might not always meet the 11 sec rule. I usually then ring the agents and ask. With some of the property profiles, if you click on the agency in the top right hand corner, you might also get other info, such as rental listings, area profile. I have done this and found it helpful when buying in Qld.

Don’t forget to invest in Australian Property Investor magazine and Steve’s book of course. Read all you can.

Anna

@project

i really love u guys
    i love this site, im so newb and im overwealmed with information i cant even spell properley !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.