All Topics / Forum Frolic / exams are over

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of jezjez
    @jez

For those that remember me… I'm back because my exams are over! [:D] — Jeremy Melbourne

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Welcome back Jeremy [:)]
    Hope your exams went well
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

dam you jeremy, i still got exams till the 4th of December(and im still trying to cram in as much as i can), but i swear most the stuff on the exam papers, we havent learnt in class or there not even on the subject were doing.

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Jeremy, SIS,

How come Jeremy finish that early and SIS that late! What courses/yrs are you doing? My daughters are still struggling through and they can’t concentrate much until the night before each exam.

Hope you both get good results.

[:)]

Huey

@still-in-school

Hi Huey, well im just studying Health Information Management, but its really, just that i got a break till the 27 of this month till i have my first exam and on the 4th of next month as my last exam.

Just some werid way they do it here at uni, they give you between 2 – 3 weeks to study before your exam date. During yoru 2-3 weeks you dont have any class to attend.

Well i hope your daughters do well and pass there exams with no problems, just make sure they dont do the same mistake i do. “study and cram everything the night before the exam”

Participant
    @huey

Hi SIS,

Health Information Management sounds interesting. Do you need Chemistry/Physics units as prerequisite?

My daughter only has 3 days break before the exams. It should be 1 week and worse that some of her last assignments submitted haven’t been returned. Students needs to know what they did wrong in order to improve themselves before the exams.

My kid have got the bad “last minute” study habit from me but my brain worked differently and I could stay up 2 weeks with 2 – 3 hours sleep per day. From your own experience is there anything I should do to make them study more and earlier? It seems these days kids spend lots of time surfing the Net. (I do too but I have a good excuse)[;)].

Cheers

Huey

@still-in-school

Hi Huey,

dont let me get you wrong Health Information Management is one of those really boring subjects, and sitting in class, i usually end up nodding off or get bored and begin to scrible around to keep entertained.

You dont need Chemistry/Physics prerequisite, but they are nice to have. Though i wont be doing HIM next year, its just that i dont enjoy the course and i rather learn accounting(more the business banking and financing)

Tell your daughter to speak to the teacher and ask for what areas they need to pick up on if there is anywere for improvement.

Theres not much i can suggest but study, when they can but, what really use to help me when i was at tafe (this is before uni) was that when i would catch the train home or to tafe. I would use the time of travellin to sit there and review notes that i had studied. But this i found help heaps cause, i got time before class on what i had to quickly revised and on the way home i could revise over what i learnt.

Thought different story for me, by the time i get home or if im home, i just dont study at all.

hope this helps.

S.I.S

Profile photo of jezjez
    @jez

quote:

How come Jeremy finish that early and SIS that late! What courses/yrs are you doing?

I was doing VCE yr 12. As far as I know exams are still going, but I’ve had all mine. As per other comments I didn’t seem to get all that much swot vac time, about a week before my English exam, then another week until Maths and then Physics was the day after my second maths exam! [:O]

Jeremy Lunn
    Melbourne

Profile photo of NickComNickCom
    @nickcom

I got a corporate finance exam on tuesday. I am really enjoying it as it deals with futures, options and mergers.

After that I have one on thursday and the last one on saturday morning.

Good luck to anyone else doing exams at the moment!

Participant
    @huey

Thanks for your advice SIS. It’s hard to choose what to study until you have your mind sets on something. As you are interested in investing, you may enjoy doing a Commerce degree.

Hi Jeremy, I think you are doing close to what I would like my children to do, English, Extended Maths, Physics, Chemistry & IT. My son liked it and did very well. My daughters is doing well but they thinks they don’t like anything (!!)including Science so they skips Physics/Chemistry. My youngest is in yr 11. What do you want to do at the uni? I hope you will get enough marks for it.

Hi Nick, I guess you are doing 2nd year Commerce! My daughter is doing Corporate Finance this year too. She finishes all her exams last Sat.

I will tell my kids that there are students of their age in this forum & hope they wll get in and learn something about investing like you.

Hope you all do well in your exams & get good results.

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Hey Jeremy!

It is great for exams to be over, mine were finished over a fortnight ago, they were during the time i was distrubuting my spreadsheet via email, lol

Now I can make some $$$$ over summer

Fudge111[;)][^][8D]

Profile photo of jezjez
    @jez

quote:

Hi Jeremy, I think you are doing close to what I would like my children to do, English, Extended Maths, Physics, Chemistry & IT. My son liked it and did very well. My daughters is doing well but they thinks they don’t like anything (!!)including Science so they skips Physics/Chemistry. My youngest is in yr 11. What do you want to do at the uni? I hope you will get enough marks for it.

I’m not personally a huge fan of maths. It’s not really presented in anyway to capture interest so I do find it quite hard to learn. Physics isn’t so bad since it’s applied nature gives it context and for some reason I find it far easier to work through physics problems.

My mum wants me to do engineering, though I do think I’d enjoy something like Communication or Computer Systems engineering, I don’t think I could really stand doing engineering maths (could possibly live with it). I’ve applied for Entrepreneurship at RMIT University (http://www.rmit.edu.au/browse?SIMID=BP030) so I’ll see how I go.

Jeremy

Jeremy Lunn
    Melbourne

Profile photo of ChewyChewy
    Participant
    @chewy

damn, my last exam (real estate finance) is on Friday, then I can concentrate on my business [:)]. Lots of parties and 21st to go to as well lol

Doing proformas on commercial properties to get a valuation is such a pain in the ass!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.