All Topics / General Property / North Mackay Area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a property in North Mackay and was wondering if anyone has had any experience of the area. The only reason I ask, is the property agent has advised me that the tenants in the property at the moment are of ‘low class’, and I was wondering if the area is renowned for problems/crime etc?

Cheers

Robert

Profile photo of MrCharchieMrCharchie
    @mrcharchie

Hey, I was born in mackay and lived there for the first 18yrs of my life. I have a fair understanding of the area. My parents still live there so i still travel up that way.
    Any questions feel free to ask. Email if u like [email protected].

Cheers.

Profile photo of OzpatinQ8OzpatinQ8
    @ozpatinq8

Hi Robert and Charchie,

I was also born in Mackay and have owned an IP in Bucasia for some time. The only problems I have had with crime was due to my tenants at the time. They have since moved on after some tribunal action and I now have the most wonderfull tenants you could hope for. They took a 12 month lease and really look after the place.

I really dont think that area is renowned for crime or low class tenants. Which suburb exactly are you considering purchasing in ? Every year I go back to inspect the property and the Northern Beaches area theres something new being built.

Value for money, I reckon you cant beat it !

Cheers

J

“Success comes from having the proper aim as well as the right ammunition”

Profile photo of rx2_73rx2_73
    @rx2_73

Hi,

Thanks Mr Charchie, and OzPatin. The area I am looking at in particular is North Mackay itself, between Fitzgerald Primary School and the Rugby Union Field, so its pretty central.

From what I have heard its the areas isn’t bad at all. It is a block of 4 units, and the property agent told me that the tennants are of ‘low class’, of course she said they pay on time, and are no problems, but it just sent some alarm bells ringing.

I just wanted to find out if in general it was a ‘low class’ area. Dont get me wrong, I have no prejudice against low-class people, just trying to paint a full picture of where I am putting my money.

Thanks

Robert

Profile photo of Shirley_2Shirley_2
    @shirley_2

Mackay was also my home town for my first 20 years and we also spent another stint there in the early 80s. Parents still live there at Bucasia. The Northern Beaches has grown a great deal recently – traffic is a bit of a problem now.

The area around Fitzgerald School used to be very good, particularly Mt Pleasant where we lived. We made our best profit ever when selling there.

We recently looked at a unit in the area on the lower side of the school. Looked OK. I’d say any problems would be typical of any residential area in regional towns. Sometimes it depends on luck and who is living in the area at the time. Make sure you have a good Rental Manager would be my advice.
    Regards
    Shirley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.