All Topics / General Property / Depreciation Schedule info needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

I am about to add a washing machine, double bed and mattresses, and a fridge to my IP. It was mentioned to me that I should get a “depreciation schedule” done for the items that I am adding, and also what is already there ( stove, curtains aircon etc ).

I need to know who I should see about this, what needs to be done etc. It is the first I have heard of it applying to me, I’ve only read about it in a Kiyosaki book somewhere.

The items I am putting in are spare, ie not used atm, and are secondhand ( used to be mine, I moved in with girlfiend [:D] )

Hope to hear from y’all soon

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Myydral

You need to contact a quantity surveyor – somebody like deppro or many of the other ones out there, they will prepare all this for you!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of OzpatinQ8OzpatinQ8
    @ozpatinq8

Hi Myydral,

Yes Mel’s correct , you need a QS. They will most likely tell you to get a copy of your house plans, so you might want to get the ball rolling on that one.

QS’s fees will be around $500, but well worth it !

Cheers

J

“Success comes from having the proper aim as well as the right ammunition”

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I reccomend you ring the real estate agents, they normally know of someone who does it.
    well worth the money and effort required. I just had one done on my Ip for 440 dollars and they gave me a 30 year depreciation schedule.
    shaun

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I just booked one for a similar price and they guarantee double it back in year one or the report is free.

http://www.bmtassoc.com.au

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.