All Topics / Opinionated! / Honesty and Ethics – Lesson 101

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Forumites…

Pinky came home from work yesterday and parked in the driveway. I was walking out with her brother and sister-in-law (they just came to visit). Anyway Pinkys brother noticed that the back right side bumper of Pinkys car was “hit”, it was the bumper and a good hard whack the size of a good fist indented into it.

Well Pinky fired up with anger, as this is not the first car this has happened to.

We checked the road where her car was parked last night, and there were pieces of taillight on the road!!>. We knew it was the couple over the road, who had backed out into her car !.. (the last time we were not sure so I replaced the tail light).

Anyway, they werent home, so when they came home, they put their car straight into their garage, as Pinky walked over the road, me following (trying to catch up, she was fumming..).

The couple an elderly 60-70yo that cant drive for s**t. Was closing the garage, Pinky asked the male, did you run into my car ?, the male just looked at his wife… said nothing. Then the wife admitted that she hit our car, and was going to tell us “tonight”. Thats when Pinky said what about last time too ??.. nothing was the response.

We paid for the last damage, and they didnt have the honesty to tell us about it!.. [:(!]

You just cant trust people, even little old ladys.

We will be getting quotes and handing them to her. As she has now claimed the blame.

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Arty

22 viewings and no comments, so I thought I’ll offer my two penniths worth.

What a great piece of detective work I must say.
    I feel sorry for the old dears. What with the cost of repairs these days, no wonder they were going to tell you one day.

You didn’t say how many properties they own? Probably on super and couldn’t afford the repairs. I know, they shouldn’t be driving.

The wife hit the garage door the other day while backing out. Turned too quickly but luckily I was able to bang the bumper back into place. Only a few scratches.

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi arty and Muppet

wouldn’t it be a fantastic world if everyone was honest. i know i’m a dreamer to think this. we can’t control what others do but we do have a choice on what we do. so lets make a differnce in what we do. we had a stove installed ina rental property and the local retravision who had been incredibly slow in suppling it, then they didn’t send us a bill for it. after six weeks my wife decided to go in and pay the bill. she could have got away without paying it but good on her she did the right thing. lets try honesty on all occasions, guess what its catchy.
    westan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.