All Topics / General Property / Ver 1.1 of spreadsheet,comments and suggestions

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

My mate Alexander has inspired me to to alot more work on my already successful spreadsheet to include a portfolio option for any loan term, previously it was limited to 3 years max loan term, now you can use it for a portfolio of multiple properties with any loan term!!

I will be sending it to a few of the bigger names in the forum to get their comments on whether it is worth giving out again, if so, i will probably get rentmaster to update his link to the new version, because i am definately not doing any more emails again!

More info soon

Fudge111[:D]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Fudge

We await with baited breath.

Using Rentmaster is a damned good idea and I wish a few of the forumites would read the posts a bit better. It would certainly save your e-letter box.

Regards

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Fudge, I bet you’ll find that you keep ‘improving’ your spreadsheet – I know I always do with mine. I’m quite disappointed when I can’t think of anything else to add!

Muppet, I agree, there’s nothing more frustrating than seeing people ignore the instructions people give on how to get hold of something.[:(]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Very True guys,

some people just don’t have the patience to read all of the posts, is frustrating sometimes, lol

Fudge111[8D]

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Muppet and Mel,
    I was Nearly one of the forumites to whom you referred to. I was reading Fudges thread like I do of many and I think I went from the beginning of page 1 and then skipped to the end of page 3 and missed page 2 entirely. I do this many times when reading threads to see what the subject is and how far it has progressed. It wasn’t until later when I checked did I see the message about rentmasters. I’m not defending the action of forumites who don’t read carefully, but I do understand that there are a lot of posts and it would take a long time to read them all. I generally read the posts from more experienced forumites and skip the rest for when I’m not busy (which isn’t very often).

BTW Mel did you see my reply about the Tax query on another thread? I had my questions in the wrong order which put the Tax question in the wrong perspective.

C2
    “Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Melbear,

was the new tax brackets as follows

0-6000 0%
    6001-21600 17%
    21601-52001 30%
    52001-62500 43 or 42%?????
    62500+ 47%

Cheers
    Fudge111

@melbear

Hi C2 – you’re forgiven![:P] Yep, I did see your post, and I think I did answer your question? Hope so.

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Thanks Mel

AS Mel has just informed me there has been a change in the tax brackets

I have now gone through and mended all the formulas for the new rates

Fudge111[;)]

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Mel,
    Was that the first post or the second reworded post. It had to do with trust and security and making it look as if there is no value for anyone to sue you. I wanted to know if this included the Tax man? You originally answered the question as if I meant the Tax man and security, not the Tax man and being sued.

Fudge,

Sorry for crashing in on your thread.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Mel,

I just went to the ATO Website and that tax bracket is actually still 42%, not 43%

regards

Fudge111[:)]

@melbear

Sorry Fudge, I pulled that table from there too, and when answering your query must have had stuck in my head the 43 part of the 43.5% medicare inclusive.[:I]

Hi C2, I will go and have a look. I had to type that response really quickly as my Dad wanted the computer, and I hoped to be able to come back to it before anybody else read it![:I]

OK, Found it, but must admit when I read it I didn’t think you were asking another question.

I was going to answer it here, but I’ll answer it in that thread for the benefit of others.

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

My latest idea is to make my spreadsheet into 3 different versions,

there is 2 parts i have made and 1 part melbear sort of played around with a bit and made a really accurate version

i’ll have to check if it’s ok with melbear first of course.

Then everyone can choose which ss they prefer and is easiest for them to use, understand etc, everyone has different needs.

Fudge111[8D]

Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

Well done once again Fudge111.

The new spreadsheet looks good. If you liked the last one, you will want to have a look at the new one.

I have updated the link to point to the new spreadsheet. The link is now
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz/propertyinvesting/propretuen.zip

FYI – Between 1 November and 9 November the last spreadsheet was downloaded 238 times! That would have been a lot of emailing.

P.S. I would like to apologise in advance for the All Blacks beating the Aussies.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz
    Software for Landlords

@melbear

Andrew aka RentMaster

Your apology is accepted[:(]. I only hope that you have to retract it next weekend.[:P]

All I can say is – ‘go you good th..’, no, I mean ‘go the southern hemisphere'[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Fudge

I’ve had a quick play around with the spready and it looks pretty good. One suggestion: what about some sort of summary page so that we can see the net overall cashflow from all properties owned etc?

And thank you for offering it to everybody.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@melbear

Terry, I think you might find that there will be a summary sheet in future versions.

I massacred Fudge’s spreadsheet and sent it back to him. Part of that included a summary, but we have to work on making it so that it works for everybody. Because Fudge’s strategy is quite not unique, but not ‘universal’, we need to have a think how to accomodate others who have a different strategy.

If you and anybody else want to give examples of what should be in the summary page, I’m sure Fudge would be more than happy to look at it.

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Hi Terryw,

I think if you look in the propterm sheets like say property 8, you will see there is a summary of all the cash flows from each of the properties, and the overall cf from the portfolio, this is then used to show the % of your income needed to source the portfolio

Fudge111[:)][;)]

Participant
    @fudge111broz00

Thanks so much rentmaster
    238 times!!!

That’s amazing, i really can’t believe that, if you would have told me that when i first sat down in front of the comp ready to make a small ss for myself i woulda laughed so hard, lol

Well, thanks again, i will see what myself and Melbear can come up with, he has played around and made a more comprehensive version, could be a bit complex for some though, but i like it, we still have to iron out a few things there, then we may release that one as a alternative for people who prefer something more complex.

Regards Fudge111[8D][;)][^][;)][8D]

JUst a reminder to all, you can download the new version 1.1, from
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz/propertyinvesting/propretuen.zip

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.