All Topics / General Property / ex-government housing in Darwin???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of vegemitevegemite
    @vegemite

Great forum…

I would like to buy ex-government housing
    in the Northern Territory but I am not sure where to find a good source for it.

Originally from WA so any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks[:)]

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

Gday,

I think that PRD are currently doing all the auctions of ex housing stuff. Beware, though huge demand now for these, every single one sold in the last batch, and two of them went for the riduculous price of $200000. 12-15 months ago $130000 tops, and they couldnt sell the ones in Mouldy old Moulden, not even they are being bought.

Good luck,

Brent1

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I agree, just remember the there are two prices for property in darwin. one the locals pay and one for the southerner’s
    house prices have gone up in darwin as well (see web page)
    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,7711699%255E13569,00.html
    There is also a lot of development going on up there, so i dont think there’s too much left.
    good hunting!

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Brent,

Are you talking about the auctions that happened in the last few weeks (2nd and 3rd week of Oct)? Did you notice who the buyers were of the majority of the properties, and what property group they belong too. This may explain why the prices were unrealistically high?

C2
    “Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

Sorry,

Didnt go to the auction, heard it from A Real Estate Agent, he was really shocked at the prices.

Regards,

Brent [:(]

quote:

Hi Brent,

Are you talking about the auctions that happened in the last few weeks (2nd and 3rd week of Oct)? Did you notice who the buyers were of the majority of the properties, and what property group they belong too. This may explain why the prices were unrealistically high?

C2
    “Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

What price$ ?

Heard there’s a $600 Million waterfront deal( read development) happening in Darwin in the not to distant also..

Haven’t been up there in years but from what i recall you got more for your $ in Perth..

??

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.