All Topics / Forum Frolic / santa Claus

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

heard this one today

the four stages of life

1. you believe in Santa
    2 you don’t believe in Santa
    3. you are santa
    4. you look like santa

Hey Muppett you mighty need to work on the stomach a bit to get it to a Santa size.
    westan

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

[:)]Hey Westan,
    this late you are thinking about Santa so you must be in category 1.
    [:)]

What about this category..

5. Who is santa?

[:D]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Ahhh Westan

The top part is a bit shiny so I will need to work on that as well.

Regards

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

yes muppet i’m not far behind.
    Propertylogist i am staying up late, so by christmas i’ll be used to it, and this year for sure i’ll see Santa
    westan

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

If I EVER look like santa – shoot me, or patent me and make millions for the hairiest fattest lady!!!
    Lisa[:D]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

If I EVER look like santa – shoot me, or patent me and make millions for the hairiest fattest lady!!!
    Lisa[:D]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

..Santas only fat cos he eats children !!
    [}:)][}:)]

Isnt it amazing, how we force kids to love a:
    – stranger, with toys to give to them, that is huge and wears a red gown thing in public, and rides on a sleigh that is pulled by flying reindeer, while he laughs and says “ho ho ho”…

the next day… “theres a stranger talking to your child and you rip their arms off to get them away.. LOL” just never got that one… [:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

“Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

I agree Arty,

I have always had trouble telling my kids about Santa. I cringe everytime they ask me a question, I just want to say, “look he’s not real Okay!!” I really don’t like flat out lying to my kids.
    My youngest is almost eight so I think we’re almost over the Santa thing….[:0)]

Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

As a dyslexic child, George often wondered why Satan gave him presents, yet everyone hated Satan.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

thats an interesting point lucky phil. if the purpose of christmas is to celebrate Jesus what’s the one thing that detracts from him answer Santa (or was it Satan ?). Conspiracy theory?
    westan

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Arty and Westan,

Westan, Yep .. Santa is the Detractor. I am led to believe that Santa was re-created in red and white by the Coca-Cola company. Unsure as to the validity of this, but it makes for a good yarn.

Arty .. your comment makes so much sense. I have discussed your exact point with many others. No wonder we bring up kids into a confused world.

From age 5 I never believed in Santa Claus. It was illogical, even then. Don’t mind saying I played along for the fun of it though. Kids require lots of credit for awareness of reality. It’s the kids that play the double backhander to us, in us believing that they believe our concoctions. Kids are little adults, minus the baggage of image.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

There is so much ugliness in many kids’ lives that to believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny is just one little pleasure that I don’t think causes any harm. One of my “happy” memories of our kids was coming home from a camping trip and racing inside to scatter eggs all over the house for the youngest to find. The look of absolute pleasure on his face as he found them and said full of awe “There really is an Easter Bunny” is something that we will never forget.

Participant
    @arty

.. we live in a confusing world.. At easter, we got the “Cabury easter thing”, there are small yellow seeds inside a “Magical” Easter egg.. the kids need to plant these (chocolate seeds) into the ground, so it grows easter eggs for next year….. etc…

So we did the thing…. and had to BURY them deep, we have dogs… LOL

Well for weeks the kids were asking, when will it grow !!!!!!.

..after all, a talking/walking easter bunyip told them to plant chocolate seeds in the ground….

I think we live in world of psychopaths that teach our children some weird stuff… and we just accept it as “how cute” LOL

[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Arty, I’m surprised your kids had the restraint to plant rather than to eat!! I know we didn’t as kids, cos chocolate was a very rare treat! It used to take me months to eat my easter eggs, especially ones that came as big ducks, or anything like that.[:P]

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @arty

Mel,

yeah they both get a ton of chocolate from aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc… its a big choc feast.. LOL, they do the same they eat one small (or break one up) item each night till its gone..
    We still had some left 6 months later. But the seed were like M&Ms but yellow, so a few went into the ground the rest in the mouth ..LOL
    [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

And i thought Santa was real…………………………………………………………..just kidding..

Profile photo of EcclesEccles
    @eccles

Santa is real.

Remember the history he (St Nicholas) existed in many countries under various names and guises. He was the man that would give food to poor families in the dead of winter and as a carver he would create toys for children. It varied from culture to culture but the story is still the same. Our westernisation of St Nick shouldn’t detract from him.

He is the spirit of giving and christmas is either the pagan festival or the birth of Jesus both causes for celebration.

The world is so full of horror why can’t children have something lovely to lach onto for a while. If you do not like ‘lying’ to your children then tell them that santa was a person who lived long ago and his great spirit of giving has passed through the years.

I believe in Santa and as long as one person gives something for the joy of giving (without letting on who did) it there always will be a Santa even if the name changes continually.

Hmm now I have finished lecturing everyone [:I]
    I will go and read the night before Xmas to my 3 believing daughters [:D]

Bronwen

If the good die young then I will live forever

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

could the 5th stage be you smell like santa, or am i just being stupid!

Fudge111[8D]

Participant
    @arty

These days, if a strange man was in my house at night, id have to assume hes there to steal something.. LOL

[:D][:D]

Santa Claus may be arrested for 345,234,121,998 counts of breaking and entering… ![:O][:O][:O]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Through my kids I love Santa and Tooth Fairy. I miss them. Now my children don’t want presents from Santa they want money from me for Christmas.

When my youngest daughter was not quite 3 she hardly could wait for the day she lost her 1st baby tooth. When she saw her older sister got 50 cents for a tooth from Tooth Fairy she asked her auntie “If you pull out all my teeth how much I will get from Tooth Fairy?”. But when she lost her last 2 baby teeth she told me “To make it easy Mum, just give me 2 bucks. There is no Tooth Fairy”. I felt sad.

I want Santa, Tooth Fairy to be real the same for God, Jesus, Buddha, other Fairies … to make this world a better place to live for everyone.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.