All Topics / General Property / +ve geared properties in Tassie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of pritts88pritts88
    @pritts88

I recently had a block of land I own re-valued and was happy to see that it had risen by 20K. Hoping to re-invest this capital I started looking for +ve geared properties in Northern Tassie (where I live) and haven’t managed to find any. Has anyone got experiance of investing in the North or North West of Tassie and if so where would be a good place to start looking for +ve geared property oppurtunities?

Profile photo of juliebjulieb
    @julieb

Try Launceston. I’ve owned +ve geared properties there for several years

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi pritts88, this is not a bias opinion but im just share some info of some areas to stay away from, though maybe in the late late future these places will have appreciated in growth but i doubt.

Places i suggest you stay away from.

Weena
    Roseberry
    Queenstown

these places are +ve cashflow but there almost abanden mining towns, with little population or a dying town and are industry reliant

Hope this help, though it justs so you dont get tricked or caught out in buyin a bad investment.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi pritts88, this is not a bias opinion but im just share some info of some areas to stay away from, though maybe in the late late future these places will have appreciated in growth but i doubt.

Places i suggest you stay away from.

Weena
    Roseberry
    Queenstown

these places are +ve cashflow but there almost abanden mining towns, with little population or a dying town and are industry reliant

Hope this help, though it justs so you dont get tricked or caught out in buyin a bad investment.

cheers

S.I.S

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Hi Pritts,

I have several in Lton but things have really heated up in the last year. I am starting to see some easing in prices asked however. My opinion is that things will really settle down in the north and probably stagnate for a few years like it did during the 90’s.

Don’t rush in – there’s a bargain around the corner. And avoid the bad suburbs like Ravenswood, Waverley, Rocherlea.

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

I agree – there’s much, much less around now than there was two years ago.

I have a place in LST which has done well in the last 12 months (along with most other things), but the numbers certainly would not stack up if I was buying today.

This, combined with the usual risks of Tassie have lead me to look elsewhere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.