Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Does anyone have any infor about how SE QLD is going in the market? I’ve read about a boom or an upcoming boom.

I’d appreciate people’s ideas or inside knowledge. [8)]

kay henry

Profile photo of robertvrobertv
    @robertv

Kay

I get the feeling that the rising market in SE QLD will continue for awhile yet…

I bought a unit for 141K – settled in July ’03 – this is now valued at $180-190K

I also bought a 3 bed house for $255K and in the suburb now you can’t buy a 3 bed under $290 (That’s in three months!!)

I am a happy investor in SE QLD and looking for more[:)][:)]

Good luck!

Rob

Profile photo of robynhoodrobynhood
    @robynhood

Can you be a bit more specific about the SE part. I know the sun sets in the west and after that I lost unless you say between Sydney and Melbourne of Brisbane & Cairns.
    Regards Joy

Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

We live in SE Qld. We bought a house in Woodridge November 2002 for $85,000 and thought that was good. They are now selling this type of house for about $170,000.
    Wish I had known then I would have bought much more!
    Prices are still going up but I believe are not selling as rapidly as a few weeks ago. All the buyers from Interstate BEWARE as the prices are being pushed up by you guys and agents love intestate buyers.
    Dont buy for 12 months and prices will stay the same up here!
    Just kidding

Profile photo of TheFinanceManTheFinanceMan
    @thefinanceman

Hi,
    I live on the Gold Coast and the market has been booming for around 3 years. As a Mortgage Broker I keep pretty close to many R.E agents and valuers. Just this week I have been told that some listings are overpriced and are sitting.

To give some perspective, vendors in the last 2 years have been putting premiums on their expected price and getting it with interstate investors. Then locals see the market trend and buy up too – almost at any price! But now it seems to be slowing down as these premiums (sometimes up to 20% above market average) are not being achieved on already top prices. So non-locals will need to do their research now in order to ensure they are getting a fair deal.

As for the medium term future, the market is expected to continue to grow. Population growth and as lifestyle seekers continue to enter the SE QLD market, and this will mean that demand will be present. You probably won’t achieve the same growth though as has recently been achieved.

Cheers
    Mortman

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Thanks all for your replies- I’ll ask some more specific answers from you shortly about location etc.

I’m wanting to purchase in the Ipswitch area, which I know was redneck hanson land. From my reading of all things statistical, it’s still a fairly mono kind of area.

I’m looking at a fairly kind of upmarket area in that region. Would people mind giving me their views of ok areas around there?

I’d also like to know median values of say, 6 year old apartments in the area.

Yours with gratefulness evermore [8)]

kay henry

@kay-henry

To answer the question about the specific part of SE Qld, the property is in Karana Downs. Does anyone have any knowledge of this area and info on RE prices? (I’ve already done a lot of net checking, so any inside info would help. Trend info would be good too- is this going to beva happening area?

kay henry

Profile photo of ErikaErika
    @erika

Hi Kay Henry
    What do you mean by a happening area. I ahve family and friends who live there,They have had good capital growth recently, its a nice area that now belongs to Brisbane not Ipswich lots of families.

@kay-henry

Thanks for your reply Erika :)

By a “happening” area- sorry- i just fell into slang and probably forgot what forum i was on- I mean an area that will maintain value. Capital growth would be nice, of course, but I would merely prefer for value to be maintained in an environment of possible reductions of 20% in value of property in the foreseeable future.

kay henry

Profile photo of golfergolfer
    @golfer

there are lots of areas in se qld which are suitable for investing. Dont restrict yourself to one particular suburb or area as you may “sell yourself short” QLD reginal areas are also starting to really kick along. Depends on how much money you wish to spend and your longer term outlook. There are still properties to be had from $50000 in some areas. A 20% drop in price is only $10000 where a 20% drop on a $300 000 house is $60000. Not a good comparison but again it all depends on how much you have to invest and your goals and let that dictate the location.

[email protected]

http://www.fhog.com.au

Steve

steveatfhog.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.