All Topics / General Property / Finding tenants…

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of JetstreamJetstream
    @jetstream

Hope that you might be able to give some quick advice, we have been very fortunate with our IP in that we have had long-term tenants (3.5yrs) and they have just advised that they have to move away[:(]

We manage it ourselves, but are unsure as to how to advertise to find someone new. We would usually list it on the nearby University website, however being end of year, there won’t be much interest there. It appears as though the major sites are for PM’s and agents only.

Does anyone know of any websites/ resources for listing to find another great tennant?! Or alternatively know of good agents that are ‘finders’ only.

The house is in Indooroopilly in Brisbane.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.[:)]

Thanks, Jet[:D]

Profile photo of MrCharchieMrCharchie
    @mrcharchie

http://www.realestate.com.au.
    Seems to be generating interest for me.

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

Can anyone adverstise on this site if so how? Or is it only for PM and agents.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of JetstreamJetstream
    @jetstream

I think that realestate.com.au is only available to advertise by PMs and agents. Correct me if I am wrong![8)]

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi Jetstream

You may be right i am not sure there must be a site whereby a person can advertise a property for rent or sale.

Maybe it comes under private sale or renting.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of craigccraigc
    Participant
    @craigc

Hi Jetstream.

I would still try the uni web site you never know. News papers should work well if you make the propery sound inviting. Make shore you use some type of application form this often seperates the man from the boys.

Cheers
    Craigc.

Profile photo of LyricalLyrical
    @lyrical
    Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

You can actually get a Real Estate PM to find a tenant for you and then you manage the property. That is you sign a rental property agreement for a specific purpose (not an ongoing agreement)

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Jetstream,

Universities ain’t like they used to be- now they’re an all-year-round affair. Most Universities now have summer sessions, and increasingly, depending on where your property is, and the nature of the University demographic, there are huge numbers of people who don’t go home after semester- they just live near the University and want continuing stable accommodation. This is particularly true of urban Universities, or newer Universities that have an older student demographic, such as UWS, for example. In rural Universities, it’s possible some people nick off, and International students certainly do, but I reckon Uni students provide a great source of continuing tenancy.

kay henry

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi jet

if i was in UK i wouldn’t even think about managing it myself. what if the tenant doesn’t pay rent, what if the property gets progressively run down. for me an agent will save me money and head aches.
    bye westan

Profile photo of JetstreamJetstream
    @jetstream

Hey Westan

Thanks for your concern! Our IP is actually managed by my parents who have several IPs also – they can deal with all the issues of fixing items etc, while we jointly keep in contact with the tenants re other issues. I agree with you about being there is easier, but in dealing with people personally about other issues it is amazing how easy it is with the email etc, it is even really quite cheap to call Aus (just lining up the timezones is a bit tricky! [:(!]

Thanks for your suggestions guys. much appreciated.

Jet[8D]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

[:)]Hi Jetstream,

I live just accross the river from Indooroopilly. I know of a few good local agents who would probably do a casual letting for you – find the tenant for a fixed fee – usually a weeks rent. Let me know if you would like there details
    lrobbie at netspace.net.au

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Jetstream..

Don’t know how the uni there operates but over here (WA) you can call the university and speak to someone whose job it is to help international and country students find a residence.

call the university and speak to student central or similiar..

Hope thats some help

Redwing

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

quote:

I think that realestate.com.au is only available to advertise by PMs and agents. Correct me if I am wrong![8)]

The minimum subscription to realestate.com.au is 12 months and the monthly subscription fee is high and not relate dto how many properties you advertise, so its not really for private landlords

Michael Yardney
    Metropole Properties
    http://www.metropole.com.au

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.