All Topics / General Property / Property Management Software

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

Hi Everyone

I have been using the Aussie Property Manager software for a number of years and it is now time to upgrade. APM is not Y2K compliant and has no provision for GST.
    The options are:

1. Upgrade to Property Manager Professional ($89.95) but it looks just as clunky as the old software.
    2. Property Investor ($99.95) I have just downloaded a trial version, complete with a property evaluation utility, but have not had a chance to test drive it.
    3. POSH Property Owners System ($199.95)

I would be interested in any feedback from users of these s/w packages or from users of other property management software packages.

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Casey

Have you seen Rentmaster?
    Can be viewed and a trial version downloaded from http://www.rentmaster.co.nz I have just sent away for the full version after trialling it.

Regards

Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

Hello Muppet
    The link has a “Under Construction” notice. How long ago were you using site?
    Regards Casey

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Because we’ve only just started to invest (bought one property) I am not using any specific property software (yet), but I’ve made a spreadsheet using Microsoft excell. One sheet for our LOC, one for all property income and outgoings, one for petty cash etc.
    I wonder what it exactly is what you can do with specific property software that you cannot do with Excell. If someone is familiar with excell and can tell the rest of us what it is lacking for investment purposes, it would be good to know.
    Thanx!

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Casey

Yeah I see what you mean. I have edited my posting and removed the full stop at the end of the sentence. Sorry about that. Now no problem to access the site.

Regards

Profile photo of TheBTheB
    @theb

Hi Celivia

we use excel to do all of our property analysis and day to day running (40-ish dwellings in all). We even use it to calculate P&I accounts for houses that are under Vendor Terms saoes (WRAP) contracts.

There are no real limitations to what Excel can be used for, but some of the more exotic things that you may wish to automate may require a little programming from someone with the skill.

We take data from Excel then pop it into MYOB for delivery to our accountants.

Hope that helps !

cheers

The B[:)]

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi Casey,

I looked at quite a few software packages before finally deciding on POSH. I’ve found it to be quite good but it does have a few limitations that are annoying, however all ‘off the shelf’ packages always don’t do something you would like them to do. I would prefer that all of my records were kept in excel & I’ve started to produce spreadsheets, however my time is my most precious resource at the moment, & I struggling to find the time to finish them. But utilising excel, you can customize everything, and that appeals to me. Other advantages of using excel include, the ability to use & link to access (for a database ie tenant records), and (I may be going out on a limb here[;)]) but I don’t think Microsoft are going to go bust in the near future, so there will always be upgrades and support available. Downside of excel, is the limited ability to produce reports – or maybe I just haven’t figured out a way yet!!

My advice would be to get as many trial versions as possible, and see which one suits your needs best.

Cheers
    Kym

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.