All Topics / Hotch Potch / Steve 0-130 in 42 Months,Cowra : 0-80 in 6 months

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)
  • Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day….

Yeah I know what you’re thinking, silly old negative, Vietnam Vet he’s at it again.

Remember “Bellringer”, well after my comments about doing your sums and checking things out thoroughly, I thought I’d better take a leaf outa my own book, ( don’t worry about my spelling Shirley, you make me feel ike a kid in school :-)

I have got to know the Agents in this town, and in researching the market I discover that all is not well. Do you really think they are going to tell “those mugs” from Sydney and Canberra the reality. No way… an owner just refurbished the block of 17 units that he bought.Didn’t bother checking did he/she?

Take your pick…any one of the 17…all vacant, along with the other 63 Vacant properties in Cowra. Pays to check thoroughly folks. At a guess I thought about 15-20 vacancies… but in talking to a few “tradesmen & handymen” discover that the Agents are hiding the Vacancy factor…or the party is over for them. Outa town buyers are not even doing a building inspection for fear of missing out.

There were two vacancies in March /April when we moved here, 0-80 sounds better than 2-80
    don’t you think?

Seriously, please do your homework. Those 80 vacant properties are real. Talk to the locals, when you are exploring…and I don’t mean the Agents. The “handyman” that tipped me off has a vacant property even after reducing his asking price by $15 pw. A lot of areas don’t move in CG over a ten year period, and this town is one of them…. nice and slow and peaceful but hardly the Investors paradise many believe it to be.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I know what you mean bill, i went sight seeing all over nsw on the weekend, didnt get as far as cowra but i did get to young, cootamundra, harden, tumbarumba, junee, wagga etc and didnt find anything. prices were too high and alot of vacancies. I would ask one agent what he had on his books then ask another what rentals he had (told them i was moving there) the numbers dont add up. Bill again thanks for the advice. will do as you say.
    When i was a young sailor in the navy i was told that theres a time to have the brains of and idiot and times to have the slyness of a fox. now is the time to be the fox.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“theres a time to have the brains of and idiot “

ummmmmm, they’re teaching people in the NAVY that?
    *shocked*

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi guys

don’t laugh mini from the servicemen i’ve met over the years they are doing a great job at teaching them “theres a time to have the brains of and idiot “.[:)]
    these guys catch on real quick. (sorry to you ex servicemen just joking)[;)]
    westan

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

[}:)][:D][}:)][}:)]Hey Westan, just remember us service persons have access to guns !!!! Be nice to us!!!!
    Lisa R

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Lisa…

You tell em!

Army, Air force, Navy ???

Sometimes I wish I still had my M16.
    And I’m not as old as some of those silly buggers think I am either.
    Send me ya email and I’ll give you some 1969 pics.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    [email protected]

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Bill,

It’s bad to wish something like that. [B)] Of course you are old. May be a bit younger than grandma Huey.[:D] Am I right Phil? [^]

I used to think Steve was a very very old man because of the way he wrote. I was shocked to see him on TV.

Regards

Huey

Participant
    @billfromoz

Go away Huey..

Those pics from Vietnam are not much different than one’s taken of me today. Well, not much difference anyway. Send me a pic of yourself or better still, can you put one on your reply on the forum and we’ll all see how old you look.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    [email protected]

Participant
    @huey

If we all send in a photo taken in 1969 we can see lots of EGGS. [:D][:D][:D]

Participant
    @billfromoz

Thanks Huey… Thanks for nothing!

I was not going to let others on the Forum know that it was your birthday yesterday. I know that you are sensitive about your age but really there is nothing wrong in being 64. Just don’t let it get to you and I won’t let the others know.

I am aware that the Vietnamese are 1 year old at birth, so in Aussie, you’re really only 63 if that makes you feel any better.

Happy Birthday Huey from a young 56 year old Bill.

Bill O’Mara
    [email protected]

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I think i’ve started a storm in a tea cup here!
    the brains of an idiot means when you get caught in trouble look ignorant, to get out of trouble you need the slyness of a fox to get away with it.
    has gotten me out of trouble more times than i care to admit. that vacant stare… the glazed eyes…. cant do it any more though (bastards)

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Bill, Huey said in another post that she’s a Pisces! I am too, and I know that my birthday isn’t in this month, or even the next two months, so I think one of you (I think you[;)]) is making fun![:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Huey,

I don’t believe that you could possibly be older than Bill. And you say you are a Grandma? You must have had your first child by age 14 to be a Grandma at such a young age now. Am I close?

When I was 16, Bill was 32. I was 7 years old when he was in Viet Nam.

Kind regards, Phil

Participant
    @huey

Hi Phil,

You wrote that Bill was 16 years older than you and 34 years ago you were 7. That makes you 41 this year and Bill 57 or 58 in VN (older than he claims he is ƒº). I didn¡¦t know he is that OLD. wow wow wow.

Bill claims that I¡¦m 63 that makes me 22 years older than you. It¡¦s not a bad estimate. Big brother must be wiser than you . If I had my first child at 14 I could be a grandma at 28 and great grandma at 42 and great great grandma at 56 and Huey would be a GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDMA soon.

Cheers

Huey

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

LOL@U![:D] If you want to know how old you all are, why don’t you all go and postyour ages in the ‘Stax of Stats’ post!
    Sly as a fox… I guess the Fox did get the Ginger Bread Man in the end [;)]

Cheerio
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Huey,

Just to clarify. I turned 7 years old in December 1969. Bill is correct with his age.

I must have started my age in Vietnamese years, using 1 year from day 1, instead of zero plus a day.

Kind regards, Phil

Participant
    @huey

Sorry

I’ve got teased so I tease back. Those numbers mean nothing. I believe the older we are the wiser we become. I’m really a grandma but I often feel as young as my youngest child/grandchild. [:)]

In relation to what Bill observed in Cowra, 2 months ago agents claimed a 0.5% vacancy rate in Canberra. The last issue of API claims over 3% rate. I counted the number of ads columns. It has increased by around 30%, can’t be 6 times more. I think the earlier must be wrong.

Cheers

Huey

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

Speaking to a local Riverina agent yestarday after all his auctions failed to sell and was advised that many vendors had “ridicilous expectations”!

Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day all…

Listening to 2ch online this arvo… not sure who he was… but some guy giving an update on economic trends had this to say… and quoting as I recall to the best of my ability..

” As the Real Estate Market declines people are using the equity in their homes to purchase Luxury Imported Vehicles, with Luxury Car Imports up by 17.6% this year and Luxury Imported 4WD’s up a massive 33.7%…….due also in part to the rising Aussie Dollar.

The figures quoted are accurate..I wrote them down

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    [email protected]

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Hi Bill…

Too many people going to see their “equity mate” for the wrong reasons… actually, maybe it’s not wrong for them, but the use of equity in that way would be wrong for me (bad debt), especially for a car that goes down in value as soon as you drive it out of the dealership.

Cheers
    r

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Steve 0-130 in 42 Months,Cowra : 0-80 in 6 months’ is closed to new replies.