All Topics / General Property / Keep Tenants happy???

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of robertvrobertv
    @robertv

Hi

Does anyone out there invest time in keeping their tenants happy[:D] by sending them cards for Xmas[?] or even other occasions[?]

Perhaps a card for your PM’s as well may keep you in the good books.

Has anyone tried this and have any -ve/+ve feedback[?]

Your thoughts please…

Rob

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You ever had a card from a real estate agent? Don’t really mean much.

After my inspections I usually leave a cake or movie tickets behind if I am happy. Not much more expensive but means a lot more.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi rob

this might sound a bit self focusing but i think the best thing for the tenant is for us to put something back into the property. perhaps a ceiling fan in the bathroom or fan in the bedroom with summer approaching. it costs more than a card but it sends a powerful message to the tenant that we are interested in the property and them also. maybe a new letterbox.
    who has got some cheap ideas for improving properties? actually i will start a new post now with that topic.
    westan

Profile photo of MikeRobinsonMikeRobinson
    @mikerobinson

Hi Robertv,I generally look after my longer term tenants by giving them Xmas week rent free.It’s only $100 in my case and I figure the 100% occupancy I’ve had with them over the years means I’m well in front.Cheers Mick.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Mike,

Good tip – thanks.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@westan

hi mike

thats a generous offer. but if you invested that in your property you might achieve the same result, ( a happy tenant). perhaps a gift voucher with a local nursery or a cheap improvement?

maybe i’m being stingy?
    does anyone here offer rewards to tenants who pay on time, i know Kiyosaki suggests this. it sounded like a top idea. the way it works if the tenat pays on time each and every payment they receive a bonus after every year. for instance after 12 months they get a $50 gift voucher. if they do it for 2 yrs they get a $200 voucher.
    westan
    westan

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

First week free (i manage it myself making it easy), and at Christmas i intend letting him have the weeks rent as a present –

– ok, i’ll come clean, that’s with the property my brother is renting from me… [:D]

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of MikeRobinsonMikeRobinson
    @mikerobinson

Hi Westan,I agree.I gave a gift voucher from a nursery to a tenant who wanted to plant a garden.She bought shrubs which she cherished and my property looked a treat.She thought I was wonderful but when she left they were still mine.I differ with the rewards for paying on time.I think they have an obligation to pay for what we provide when it’s due.Their reward would then come from your suggestion of updating the property.Just my thoughts,Mick.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I like this topic to get ideas!

My brother had tenants with 2 little kids and around Christmas time he used to pay for a carpet cleaner and a couple of hours worth of housecleaning. Everyone loves to have their place looking fresh and clean before Christmas. (It also keeps your carpet in good condition.)

What do people think of the value of having a dishwasher installed? Is it worth it?

Personally I think it’s rather nice if you have tenants with kids to put a little surprice under the tree for them (but that’s because I love kids).

Regards Celivia

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I call my tenants at xmas to wish them a happy xmas and thank them for looking after the property.

I am also going to give my tenants a week free rent for keeping my place so well presented and helping me to sell it by doing so.

There’s two ways of doing things. Give them a gift so they can improve *your* property, or actually give them a gift which is for them. Tenants help us get what we want- it’s good to express appreciation to them without thinking about how we can benefit from our “generosity” to them.

kay henry

@westan

hi all

celivia i like the idea of a small present for kids. but kay no matter which way you look at it aren’t we still trying to ultimately serve ourselves by keeping a happy tenant. i look at the situation as i am providing them with a well maintained house at a reasonable price all year i don’t expect a present from them for doing this, so should i give one? we are in an even situation already i provide a house they pay rent. just another way of looking at it. i know what you are planning is nice but i’m not convinced necessary.
    i also like the idea of cleaning the carpet at Xmas time if a tenant has been in for 12 months, but once again kay, it is for my benifit also in restoring the quality of the carpet.
    westan

Profile photo of robertvrobertv
    @robertv

Thanks everyone!

There are some great ideas here – I have only had my ip’s for a short time – three in 4 months so I am still learning the ropes

Appreciate your input[8D]

Cheers
    Rob

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

the idea of a free week’s rent at Xmas time really appeals to me. I’m going to ask my rental managers what they think and how to implement it and when to announce it.

i’m taking my rental managers to lunch too. they’re doing a sterling job and besides, i’m quite curious to meet them….

!!

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

Hi Rob,

Try birthdays and wedding anniversary cards.

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.